View Single Post

Thread: The LA-assignment thread

1. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The LA-assignment thread

Elemental, Fire

I considered writing a long post on the logical (im)possibilities of living fire that doesn't need fuel or oxygen here, then I remembered magic.

Small Fire Elemental

These guys are pretty cool (ironic, I know). The net loss to stats hurts, but two free feats are always welcome and their slams have a nice rider effect. 50 feet is as good as it gets for small creatures, and the fire subtype will probably be a boon overall.

However, is all this worth 2 subpar RHD? A fairly typical melee character is still outdamaging them, and fire elementals lack much utility beyond setting stuff on fire. +0 LA is fine.

Medium Fire Elemental

More fire damage! Also stat boosts. I'd say +0 still works here (with -0 looming ever closer).

Large Fire Elemental

Aaaaand RHD takes over. Back to the realm of -0 LA with ye!

Huge Fire Elemental

Elemental Purgatory aaaaaaaaaaw yeah! -0 LA.

Greater Fire Elemental

Homework for today, sketch the graph A = 2m where 'A' is my annoyance (measured in kilogroans) and 'm' is number of boring -0 LA monsters.

Elder Fire Elemental

Amusing observation: fire and air elementals are amongst the few creatures that get more dextrous when increasing in size. Not that it'll save them from -0 LA.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-11-18 at 04:12 PM.
    Have you had enough of unreasonably high LA's and unplayable monsters in 3.5? Then check out the LA-assignment thread! Don't hesitate to give feedback!

Extended signature!