Talenel barely had time to get up before being hit by the missiles. He grimaces in pain, bending over. Ugh, I'd forgotten about those. At the soldier's prodding, he responds Just a second, let me regain my composure. Damn that hurt. He seems very unconcerned about the swords pointed at his face. To the White Tower mage, he simply asks Have I seen you before? Just as the mage begins to introduce himself, Mercier begins to speak. Quiet! We'll save introductions for later. After the speech, he nods in approval. Just as the rumors say.

When the messenger comes to ask Taln's presence to the captain's quarters, he finds Taln arguing with the guards about being brought to the captain. Upon hearing that the captain has requested his presence, he sticks his tongue out at the head guard. He frowns, however, at the order for the guards to come with him.

Upon entering the cabin, he looks around, gauging the faces of the others gathered in the room. In particular, he finds the raven rather amusing. That amusement fades quickly, however, when the bird perches atop the bald man's head. He gives Sebastian a hard look. Captain, with all due respect, could you please keep your pet parrot under control? Bird claws are not particularly healthy for the scalp.