View Single Post

Thread: Ceralune's CotCT: Edge of Anarchy

1. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ceralune's CotCT: Edge of Anarchy

Noticing Leptira's glances at the food, she gestures for the girl to eat. At the first question, her smile grows somewhat warmer, but at the second, it slides off her face entirely. "I suppose the answer to both of your questions starts with this," she replies, as she pulls an object - or objects, rather - out of a belt pouch. They appear to be a deck of harrow cards, much like the ones that the notes were inscribed on, though as she starts shuffling through them idly it becomes clear that these are the real thing, front-side images and all.

"You see, a month ago, his thieves stole this, my harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, an heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also my sole means of support. When Lamm’s pickpockets stole it, my son Eran tracked them down and returned my deck to me. But Gaedren had him followed, and soon after he left my home, Gaedren’s thugs… murdered him.”

Zellara’s face turns bleak, haunted almost, as she recounts her tale. “I sought help from the Korvosan Guard, but they turned me away. And so I asked around. I paid bribes. I consulted my harrow deck for advice." Her visage brightens somewhat as she continues, "That was how I found all of you, actually. So strong was my grief that it, combined with the powers my harrow deck gives me, allowed me to seek out others who shared in the collective tragedy created by Gaedren's crimes. I used that power to send you the messages.

"With that power, I also attempted to find as much information as I could to help you, in the event that you responded to the message and found my home."
    She casts a relieved glance at each of your individual faces. "And indeed, it seems you all did. I thank you once more. And I hope you'll allow me to ask for your assistance with finally apprehending Gaedren Lamm."
    Last edited by Ceralune; 2016-12-15 at 05:00 PM.
    Current Campaigns:
    Heights of Londo - Genevieve Neomme - OOC
    Shadows of Burghafen - Karina Weiss - OOC

DMing: Curse of the Crimson Throne
    The Ever-Changing Tide