1. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

.....you do know that both Hawkflight and Igordragonian have both expressed interest in canonical character interactions, right?
    Yes, and what I'm saying that when your source material is an on-going series with a poorly-defined canon, you pick one version of the characters to build on and you don't worry about how the "canon" and your story diverge from there on.

This has nothing to do with me disliking the things introduced in Super. It's just that trying to treat them all as canon at this point is impractical. For example, Super doesn't seem to acknowledge any time travel concepts introduced in Xenosaga nor is it building towards any of them. Instead, it introduces a completely different time travel mechanic, which is closer in effect and spirit to that of the original series.

I honestly like Super's version much more than Xenosaga's, and if Super had been released before Xenosaga, I'd be telling you to forget about the Kai of Time and Time Patrol as if they were bad fanfiction characters. But it was the other way around, and this game was built on Xenosaga.

I'm not saying you can't incorporate stuff from Super. But introduce them as new things, instead of something that was true all along. For example, if you want to have Multiversal Tournament with Zeno, you only need Zeno to exist. You don't have to assume everything that's happened in Super went down and that there are now two Zenos.

That's much simpler than retconning characters into having done things, or knowing things you as a player didn't know about.

EDIT: as far as "communication" goes, you do realize this is my primary venue of communication when it comes to this game?

igor and Hawkflight are perfectly capable of posting in this thread. You don't need to, and never needed to, function as a middle man.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2016-12-22 at 05:53 AM.