Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
This was already explained to you: it's so you can cast Bigger Grease -- aka Ice Slick -- and let your BSF fight inside your BFC without falling down.
Or you could cast color spray to win the fight with one spell. I understand how it works, it's just not very impressive. Also, you could have people use ranged attacks.

One third of four total first-level spells.

Dude. C'mon.
4 / 3 = 1.3. Which is less than the two spells you spent for your ice slick combo. Is your argument "you're wrong that it's an out-sized investment, because you underestimated how much of an investment it is" or can you not division?

Mother Cyst gives you access to the spells which are on your list. The class list restrictions are in the spells themselves.
That depends on whether you think "access" means "add to list of known" or "allow to learn". If it's the first, the Beguiler gets it too. If it's the second, you have to spend spells known on the spells.

Having a spell on your list isn't a class feature.
Yes it is, it's (part of) the "Spells" class feature.

If it was possible to do what you want, there would be no need to have spell-trigger & spell-completion capability called out.
How do you figure? Those things are called out because they have different DCs to do. A scroll (or other spell completion item) is DC 20 + Item Caster Level. A wand (or other spell trigger item) is a flat DC 20. Emulating a class feature is (effectively) DC 20 + desired level. Activating blindly is DC 25. They're called out separately because they have separate rules.

"I have X spell on my list" is apparently not a class feature.

Incorrect, and you were already told one of the ways around this.
Which I responded to. You're awfully condescending for someone who doesn't read my posts.