And the manga retelling the story of the Boruto: Naruto the Movie is finally over.

It only took 9 chapters that were monthly chapters and thus 9 months. Boruto: Naruto the movie came out in August 7th, 2015 in Japan so it only took 539 days (1 year, 5 months, 20 days) to tell a mostly the same story of an already written movie in a black and white manga with occasional color panels.

Naruto the manga for an original story usually had 17 to 20+ pages every week once you factor in the weeks it went on break and average out those break weeks. While this monthly manga has 45 to 50 pages per month on average and the story is not even an original but instead a retelling.

-----

Now before I sound to complainer, I did enjoy the manga retelling I am just complaining about the slow pace. I wish this story was finished in early to mid 2016 aka less than a year since the movie came out instead of almost 18 months after the movie came out.

-----

So about this chapter the flashbacks were nice and I enjoyed them. It is easier to enjoy these manga flashbacks than the anime flashbacks that go on forever, and that is before they even do fillers, or retrospective / retelling episodes with the anime. (I gave up on the anime at Shippuden 167, naruto in the tailed beast fox mode after raging against Pain). Supposedly after this it gets far worse with the amount of filler and flashback / retelling episodes.

Now spoilers

Spoiler: Boruto Manga 09
Show

I loved the grin Naruto did when Boruto doubted how powerful Naruto was. The 12 year old Genin is still there living in the now mostly responsible 7th Hokage.

Side note, even if this villain (Momoshiki) supposedly has more raw offensive power to his attacks than Kaguya Otsutsuki , the final villain of Naruto, in my mind he is far less of a threat. This is because he does not

1) have a body that is immune to any attack that is not natural energy based or taijutsu, that being the Ten Tail Jinchuuriki gives you

2) he does not have the near instant regeneration that Madara Jinchuriki or Madara future forms had, and supposedly Kaguya also had

3) he does not have Limbo which Madara had, limbo made only two characters in the manga a threat against Madara, and Madara had other advantages besides Limbo, Limbo was just great.

4) he does not have truth seeking balls which are awesome defense, have regenerative powers, and while not the most destructive form of offense as some ninjutsu are capable, it was a great targeted form of offense especially against taijutsu users

5) he does not have Obito's almost broken space time mangekyou sharingan

... and so on and so on. All he had was a way to absorb Ninjutsu that was roughly as useful as Preta Path combined with power amplification capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac talking Tactical Stuff
It seems poorly written, or at least poorly presented. But yeah the giant super bad guy is dead. Hooray?
So LaZodiac is complaining about why the heroes and the villains make subpar tactical decisions. Well if you want to start doing that there are numerous things to complain about over the 9 chapters. For example here is an easy one.

Sasuke in this most recent manga threw his sword at the villain Momoshiki and then attacked with a Kunai Dagger. Well Sasuke that was a stupid tactic and most likely the enemy is going to see through this attack for you already used your teleportation ability against him earlier, and once against his ally while he watched. Sasuke teleportation ability does not need an item to do the swapping (it just increases the range when he swaps with an object or person.) Thus Sasuke should have gotten close before teleporting, should have teleported his sword directly into the villain like he did Madara. Hell he is fighting a Byakugan user, a person with 360 degree continuous vision, why would you throw a weapon and obviously miss only to teleport when a Byakugan user can easily see the sword behind him. If you are going to use a weapon to teleport to, throw multiple shuriken like you did as a Genin and then teleport to one of them specifically, aka confuse the Byakugan with numbers. Targeting to a single place is just going to get you Haired by the Otsutsuki hair technique as you know from personal experience with Kaguya and you also saw Momoshiki defeat Gaara's sand defense with said hair. You are lucky he just decide to kick you away with some body stretch technique that is similar to Cho of the Akimichi clan.

Aka stupid stuff like this are just tactical blunders, now in the heat of battle tactical blunders are common but Sasuke is supposed to be a genius and make the least amount of these blunders unless you are Shikamaru.

-----

Another type of tactical blunder is why did you not grab Orochimaru or Kabuto before heading out, you felt it was useful to bring Boruto, but why not the guy who has premade Edo Tensai's. We are not talking about sacrificing another person to use said Edo Tensai, but instead merely bringing around these reformed evil guys and them using minimal chakra to summon said premade Edo Tensai to help fight this rinnegan level threat. Both of these people are Kage level fighters, Kabuto actually lives in the fire village and runs an orphanage there, and Orochimaru while not part of the village is nearby in a less than a day journey.

Lots of stuff like this is silly.