Quote Originally Posted by FinnS View Post
I never said that or anything remotely close to it.

Like seriously, what part of YOU chose to be a Druid in the first place knowing full well when you did so that they came with a restriction from wearing metal armor is not being understood here?

I didn't think I was going to have to explain the Spoon reference but I guess I do.
It's from the Matrix when Neo goes to meet the Oracle and while waiting in an office with other "special" candidates, one of them, a kid, is bending a spoon with his mind. Neo picks up a spoon and tries to do the same with no success. The kid then explains to him that he is failing because he's actually trying to bend what he believes is a real spoon and that's impossible. But they are in the matrix so there actually is no spoon.

Your argument is that the DM or some rulebook doesn't have the right to dictate your characters behavior or beliefs. THAT argument is represented by the Spoon.
The reality is that YOU, the player, made that choice when you chose to be a Druid gaining all the benefits AND restrictions that that class came with.
Neither the DM nor the rulebook made that choice for you. YOU did!
Hence, there is no spoon.
Okay, see that's where I thought I was going crazy. I was trying to think of applicable use of that quote, but no, here you are mangling it.

Tell you what, when i fancy misrepresenting an argument, i'll come a-knocking looking for advice, cheers. Until then, keep quoting the matrix in an attempt to, i don't know, try to be funny I guess?

Let me boil this down for you

RP limitation written into core games.
RP limitation not appropriate to character concept.
RP limitation cannot be changed because "It's the rules maaaaannnn"
Questions why there are RP limitations for some classes, and why RP limitations are not seperated from mechanics

Hence people saying divorce fluff from mechanics are being told "it's your fault man, you chose the rukes to bound yourself by, now you're ****ed" and can't actually ask why?

Also, non sequitur arguments. Jesus, we're bringing all of the stupid ways to defend your points out now. What next, only true scotsman?

Oh no, wait we've.already had that.