Hey, GitP,

I am a part of Luminary Games, and a while ago, we set out to make a card game unlike others. Ivion, named after the world it is based in, would have lore and gameplay go hand-in-hand in the best possible way. In Ivion, your deck IS your character.

If the name Ivion sounds familiar, it might be because it is the game that brought about the wildly popular “Berrymancer” art that circulated on reddit a few weeks ago... Because I'm a lurker here and have only made 7 posts in the past 3 years and not the requisite 10, I can't link it to you. So please, sort r/boardgames by "Top All Time" and you'll see the inexplicably intriguing Berrymancer art.
When we are funded on Kickstarter, you will definitely be able to include that card in your deck.

Unlike almost any other deckbuilder out there, each card in Ivion represents a skill, attack or spell that your character actively uses. It may be as simple as a weapon strike, a deft dodge at the perfect moment, all the way to cataclysmic spell used to bury your foe in a flurry of ice and snow. When you finish building your deck, it isn’t just an assortment of seemingly random creatures and other cards that have been mashed together – it feels like the complete skill-set of a character from a RPG. Customization options already available in the first set of cards in the game amount to almost 80 combinations of character archetypes to explore. Each one has wildly different options during deckbuilding, allowing for unique play-styles and a huge variance of how each combat unfolds.

It’s a struggle to find the flavor and aesthetic satisfaction on a visceral level in many card and board games. We’ve woven together an exciting combination of both mechanical strategy for card game buffs as well as the visceral pay-off of fighting games. Each card played furthers the narrative of the battle, laying out in vivid detail how each character experiences the combat.

If you want to find out more about our game, show your support by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and checking us out on Kickstarter on April 27.

Thanks for reading!