Armor Class 16 (studded leather armor)
    HP 32
    Speed 30 ft, climb 30 ft
    -------------------------
    Str +2, Dex +4, Con +2
    Int +0, Wis -1, Cha +1
    Saving Throws Dex +6, Int +2
    Skills Athletics +4, Deception +3, Intimidation +5, Investigation +2, Perception +1, Sleight of Hand +6, Stealth +6
    Tools Thieves' tools +8
    Languages Common, Halfling, Thieves' Cant
    CR 2 (450 XP)
    Determination. When the thug makes an attack roll, saving throw, or ability check, it can do so with advantage. Once it uses this ability, it can't use it again until it finishes a short or long rest.
    Fast Hands. The thug can take a bonus action on each of its turns in combat. This bonus action can be used to take the Dash, Disengage, Hide, or Use an Item action, or to make a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check, or to use its thieves' tools to disarm a track or open a lock.
    Second-Story Work. When the thug makes a running jump, the distance it covers increases by 4 ft.
    Sneak Attack. Once per turn, the thug can deal an extra 3d6 damage to one creature it hits with an attack if it has advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. The thug doesn't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isnít incapacitated, and the thug doesn't have disadvantage on the attack roll.
    Actions
    Shortsword (melee) +6: 1d6+4 piercing
    Hand Crossbow (ranged 30/120 ft) +6: 1d6+4 piercing
    Reactions
    Uncanny Dodge. When an attacker it can see hits the thug with an attack, it halves the damage of that attack.

Encounter Composition
    Crimson Tiger Thug *4

XP Award: 1800

------------------------------------------------------------------

These guys are built as Level 5 Rogues. My playtest party wrecked them pretty easily, but I think I kept forgetting to use Determination and Uncanny Dodge during the fight. I could see adding a 5th Thug, though, if other people find this encounter too trivial.
    Last edited by Draz74; 2017-06-04 at 10:43 PM.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.