Armor Class 13 (15 with mage armor)
    HP 95
    Speed 50 ft, climb 40 ft
    -------------------------
    Str +0, Dex +2, Con +2
    Int +2, Wis +1, Cha +4
    Saving Throws Con +5, Cha +7
    Skills Arcana +5, Athletics +3, Deception +10, Intimidation +7, Perception +4, Persuasion +7, Stealth +5
    Senses darkvision 60 ft
    Languages Sylvan, Common, Dwarvish, Elvish, Orc, Thieves' Cant
    CR 5 (1800 XP)
    Cunning Action. Miha can take a bonus action on each of her turns in combat. This bonus action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
    Spider Climb. Miha can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.
    Spellcasting. Miha is a 7th-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). She knows the following spells:
    Cantrips (at will): acid splash, friends, mage hand, message, minor illusion
    1st level (4 slots): charm person, disguise self, mage armor,* shield, Tasha's hideous laughter
    2nd level (3 slots): invisibility, suggestion
    3rd level (3 slots)
    4th level (1 slot): greater invisibility
    *Miha casts this spell on herself before combat begins.
    Actions
    Shapechanger. Miha can polymorph into a specific Medium half-elf or a Medium spider-half-elf hybrid or a Tiny spider, or back into her true form (that of a Medium monstrous spider). In half-elf form, her Speed is reduced to 30 ft, she cannot use her climb speed, her spider climb ability, or her bite or web attacks. In hybrid form, her spider-like nature can either be obvious or obscured; if obscured, it requires a DC 18 Perception check to spot. In Tiny spider form, her Speed is reduced to 20 ft, her Climb speed is reduced to 20 ft, and she cannot cast spells or use her bite or web attacks. Otherwise, her statistics (other than size) are the same in each form. Any equipment she is wearing or carrying isn't transformed. She doesn't change form if she dies.
    Bite (melee) +5: 1d8+2 piercing + 1d8 poison. The target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. The creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
    Web (Recharge 5-6) (ranged 30/60 ft, one Large or smaller creature) +5: The creature is restrained by webbing. As an action, the restrained creature can make a DC 13 Strength check, escaping from the webbing on a success. The effect ends if the webbing is destroyed. The webbing has AC 10, 15 hit points, resistance to bludgeoning damage, and immunity to poison and psychic damage.

Encounter Composition
    Miha Serani

XP Award: 3900
    The XP Award should be adjusted based on how much damage Miha is prevented from doing to the defense of Elsir Vale. Merely defeating her in combat is only worth 1800 XP (e.g. if she's already done maximum damage as a spy). The full award of 3900 XP should be granted if she is caught just after the PCs meet her, before she can do anything nefarious. Intermediate outcomes can lead to intermediate XP Awards.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Since 5e doesn't have an Aranea stat block yet, and Miha really can't just be built using PC rules, I was kind of winging it with this stat block, just combining PC levels with a shapechanging Ettercap and hoping that it ended up being a good CR. Thanks to Lord Ruby for his stat block for ideas.
    Last edited by Draz74; 2017-06-04 at 10:46 PM.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.