View Single Post

Thread: Long Signature Thread

1. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Long Signature Thread

Currently playing: Sadly all of these games folded.

D&D 3.5

Memories of Evil: OOC/IC

The Return of Magic: OOC/IC

Through the Gates: OOC/IC

HSHC

Don't Look Back: OOC/IC

Nope, all those fell in before long and/or I had to drop out. Drat.

Riddle me this: How am I a frickin' paladin of all things when at least four or five of my answers were ones obviously related to arcane magic?

Spoiler: Funny quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    The Far Realms care not for your petty sense of normalcy
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    A great meta example is right here! My comment had +1 to understanding, hamishspence's comment gave a +5 to understanding, and then Douglas chipped in +4 to understanding. So even though all three posts answered the question, and even though Douglas' reply came after hamishspence's, they don't stack, because they are all the same "type" (in this case, they give the same information, just varying levels of detail). Your understanding is now +5, not +10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I'll tell you right now, if anyone asked me whether I thought they should wear a ballista on their head, I'm pretty sure I'd say "no."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    How about a beguiler with levels in beguiler and five levels in scarlet corsair to get the scourge of the seas class feature, with the scourge of the seas feat, the vampire, savage vampire, savage vampire, savage and vampire lord creature templates?

So it's a beguiler beguiler savage savage vampire savage vampire vampire lord scourge of the seas scourge of the seas?

You can also have a dragon dragon dragon disciple dragon shaman purple dragon knight dragon descendant dragon ascendant dragon totem lorekeeper or a knight annointed knight mystic fire knight knight of the raven eldritch knight ruby knight vindicator knight of the lily knight of the sacred seal ruby rose knight knight of the chalice bone knight triadic knight knight of the iron glacier knight of the rose knight of the thorn vengeance knight darksong knight knight of the chalice knight of the skull thayan knight knight platinum knight knight protector knight of the crown knight of the flying hunt knight of tyr's holy judgment vengeance knight knight of the blue moon purple dragon knight knight of the pearl ascetic knight knight of the sword knight-errant of silverymoon... look, there are a lot of knights and I'm not going to list them all, plus you probably fall horribly in half of them by this point.

You can also be a shadow sun ninja ninja ninja spy ninja of the crescent moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    *Waves from library where I had been studying to understand your reasoning*
    *Particles from my ivory tower*
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Sanity View Post
    Ah yes, Ropers. The offspring of Indiana Jones and a petrified tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by woweedd View Post
    Bit late, my friend. That ship has sailed, circled the globe, and come back into port laden with spices from far-off lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    This just in, [option being discussed] isn't as powerful as [the most powerful options in the game]! [Build] loses out to Tier-1 persistomancy! News at 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by jere7my View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    That's inaccurate. If someone predicts that you'll be eaten by giant snails, what are the odds that it's right?

Hint: Not 50%.
    It's closer to 85%, I'm afraid. But that news might not have gotten widespread media coverage yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Yes, it is just horribly out of character for them to actually meet the Aboleth. Aboleths are like if wizards and dragons had babies that then met some Mindflayers and thought the slavery was a neat trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    As a ghost brute shrieker, I scream about this on the ethereal plane where nobody can hear me. I forgot the template that also got rid of wis or cha.
    For some reason this thing makes me think of Pablo Picasso doing the cover illustration for a Lovecraft book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    "On the one hand, you died trying to protect the weak. On the other hand, a cat killed you. We've got just the thing for that... around here, we like to call it Hilarious Good."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    I need to summon a portmanteaunicorn slaughterclown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    ...you're not talking about rothe, right?
    No, I'm mocking the Underdark. Deep Cows are like cows, except they have a greyish coloration, are Evil, have Darkvision, and can cast Detect Grass at will.
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Each forcecage casting costs me 1,500 gp in ruby dust, and one does not keep Miss Starshine's company for long before growing a sense of frugality.

Plus you need it for eyeshadow.

I told you that in confidence, you dolt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riftwolf View Post
    It turns out that the right to Free Speech doesn't extend to the right to Free Shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Incidentally, this marks:

1. The highest assigned LA to date, beating the Ghaele Eladrin's +6.

2. The only time a WotC LA above +3 ended up being exactly right.

The second in particular convinces me that the age of reason has ended, and pigs will soon sprout wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    Well, there's also L3 deep slumber, L5 symbol of sleep and L7 hiss of sleep ...

I've never read about an [Ex] ability that imposes sleep. Though one of my high school teachers must've had such an ability.
    -0 for the Gathra as a PC. +1 for the skull as a clothes rack.

Spoiler: Praise I got
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    Wow, you worked in every pun you could there.

Take a bow, you've earned it.

Q

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    This should have been on the cover of the Belkar short story.

Spoiler: Gaming quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Just because you alter the narrative a bit doesn't mean that Gygax is going to leap from his grave and inflict an XP penalty on you.

Spoiler: About OotS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Well, it's not that if you use the correct definition, but don't forget that the *Internet* definition of a deus ex machina is "Any unexpected plot development I don't like".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandor View Post
    But I bet there's a number of people who are quite content to just see where the story goes, instead of wanting it shaped to their view.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickMopete View Post
    And now, the Order of the Stick has to face the one type of foe they're not ready for: A competent one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    I get the impression that most churches set up their own rules for who's in charge and what the succession chain consists of. Nergal's faith may simply work where a cleric is woken up from a sound sleep to see themselves surrounded by unholy fire while an otherworldly voice tells them Malack purchased an agriculture establishment and they're the new high priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    "...and then, when he pulls out the enchanted bag of tricks he stole from the Magistrate of Magicians, Z will use the makeshift magic squirt gun to ward off the muskrats. Of course, we'll also have to deal with the horde of demonic Capybaras from the modded Summon Monster possibly blocking our line-of-sight as mentioned in section 9b, so I'll use Silent Image to draw them away. If Malack attempts to use Divine Favor for the second time, then Z will have to use his Crushing Despair which will have a 30% chance to nullify the relevant bonuses on account of the debuffs already in place. At this time, if we can take the stake, Malack will panic letting us dive for the Holy Wafers, assuming any haven't been eaten by the Capybaras..."

Spoiler: Awesome quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    Sometimes, I really hate humanity. They keep proving that they just aren't worth the effort to keep an eye on, that for every virtuous mortal eager to risk it all to lay one more brick so the tower of human progress can be that much taller there is a horde equally eager to knock those bricks off the tower to hear the noise it makes when it hits the ground, or willing to do so out of sheer apathy.
    But in the end, it's still worth it. Someone's going to catch that brick and put it back in its place. The tower will climb ever higher. Humanity is beautiful, if a bit stained. That's why I'm still Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by NihhusHuotAliro View Post
    Durkon isn't a spectator in his life just because he's not always the center of attention. One can have many roles at many points in life. People and dwarves are social animals.

Without the men who worked the off-stage microphones, Rocky would have been a silent movie. Without the citizenry, a nation is nothing. Without someone to make the tools and dig the marble from the Earth, there is no Michelangelo's David.

Humility doesn't make you think less of yourself, it helps you thinks less about yourself. There are other, valid things on which one can focus, things that are not "me".

So shut up, you parasitic soul-snatcher, because you aren't alive and never will be. You don't understand life at all. You're a mirror to it, but mirrors get everything backwards.
    Last edited by danielxcutter; 2020-03-16 at 10:30 AM.