1. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The LA-assignment thread II: Where The Em Dash Doesn't Exist

Planetouched

Image courtesy of Marlowe, who's got a pretty awesome comic going. You should check it out!

On to planetouched, also known as my-grandma-bumped-uglies-with-an-outsider-folk. The MM has two variants.

Aasimar

Aasimar are the descendants of mortals and celestials. They get +2 wisdom and charisma, some energy resistances, darkvision, a bonus to spot and listen checks, and Daylight 1/day, currently at the cost of +1 LA. The problem is that at its current LA, this is blatantly underpowered, while a reduction to +0 would render aasimar one of the strongest races. It'd be like lesser aasimar (which are on the edge of what could still be considered +0), except they also get the outsider type.

I think +0 LA is the best option here, but honestly I recommend people using lesser aasimar or the online savage progression instead: these two races are more balanced.

Tiefling

Tieflings get Darkness instead of Daylight, fire instead of acid resistance, bonuses to bluff and hide rather than spot and listen, and +2 dexterity, +2 intelligence, -2 charisma instead of the aasimar's ability scores. They're about the same power level, and will be treated the same as the aasimar. +0 for now.

Pseudodragons are next!
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2018-09-05 at 07:58 AM.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!