1. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The LA-assignment thread II: Where The Em Dash Doesn't Exist

Pseudodragon

Pseudodragons have two dragon HD, which may just be the best type in the game. Their ability scores are reasonable for such a creature (-4 strength, +4 dexterity, +2 constitution, +2 wisdom). Their chassis also comes with considerable spell resistance, (somewhat limited) telepathy, a fly speed, blindsense, and two natural attacks (one of which has actual reach), as well as Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat.

Their sting is poisonous, though the fact that it causes sleep rather than unconsciousness is somewhat unfortunate: the DCs for waking up from noise are quite low, especially if there's still a battle going on. Then again, those few seconds may just be enough for the party warrior to CDG whatever went down.

All in all, this is a pretty tasty package, and obviously too much for a mere two RHD (which are, as I already said, excellent). I'm torn between +1 and +2 LA here, but for now I'll be going with +1, which makes pseudodragons reasonable rogue-types (albeit ones who sacrifice damage for utility).

Let the feedback commence!

Next are purple worms. I foresee -0 LA.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2017-07-09 at 03:51 AM.
    Have you had enough of unreasonably high LA's and unplayable monsters in 3.5? Then check out the LA-assignment thread! Don't hesitate to give feedback!

Extended signature!