1. - Top - End - #347
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Thanqol Learns To Draw Six: Stealing Time

Finished painting the last Chaos mini today. Only five minis left, all Marines, out of an original total of fifty six. Over the course of the past month I have basically been painting non stop virtually every hour of every day I can. My sleep suffered, my health has suffered, my finances are in tatters, but by Celestia's beard what I have done looks amazing. I've learned so much. Never at any point in the course of these many Drawthreads have I worked so hard for so long and seen such rapid improvement. I'm proud, and I'm elated. This is the final manifestation of a dream I've carried since I was six and it's just as good as it was in the dream. And tomorrow I get to go and put my beautifully painted mans down on a table and then immediately take them off the table when artillery shells hit them.

It's everything I hoped it would be.

I'm going to take it easy for a while now. I'm behind on everything and all I've been able to think about for the past month was paint. I'll start bringing it back up to a level where it's in balance with the rest of my life. At the end of the day this is The Hobby and this is why I named myself Thanqol so many years ago.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2017-07-15 at 04:51 AM.