Quote Originally Posted by Kashyyyk View Post
Could someone please elaborate on the arcane power "Cave Sight?" Particularly, can you see all the creatures in the rooms that you see, or just layout? And, do you allow for the vision to traverse through "gaps" that are under closed doors. Do you have a page number you can refer me to for clarification?
The exact wording of the power is "You learn the general layout of terrain features in the burst. You cannot sense through solid objects, such as cave walls, but you do sense around corners and into narrow gaps. Additionally, you can make a Perception check to detect hidden creatures, objects, and traps as though you were within 10 squares of them."

This breaks down into 2 different parts. The first part refers specifically to "general layout of terrain features", so it only allows you to know the location of terrain and the like. It *does* specifically say that it won't allow you to sense through solid objects while allowing you to sense around corners and into narrow gaps. For this, I would just rule that the effect follows the normal rules for blocking bursts and blasts, with total cover preventing sensation (solid objects) but superior cover and normal cover allowing for it (corners and into narrow gaps).

The second part is simply an extension of the normal use for detecting hidden creatures via Perception. The "within 10 squares of them" is simply a proviso that notes that the DC for the Perception check won't be any higher than normal (normally, 10+ spaces away increases DC by 2). Assuming you roll high enough on Perception, you'll know what spaces are occupied by creatures, traps, and other objects, but you won't be able to actually see and know what they are (as normal for finding a hidden creature without special senses).

To specifically answer your questions, you can see the layout but you have to roll Perception to detect creatures and, even then, you're only able to know what spaces they're in rather than actually being able to see the creatures. Furthermore, the powers effects extend through doors without perfect seals because they are not total cover (I might even allow it through all doors, in fact, since they're not "solid" by definition).