Quote Originally Posted by Aniikinis View Post
Thank you for the critique, rferries. The reason for the strength penalty was that I viewed them as being more used to setting pit traps and using the hazards of the wastes for capturing their food or using wind and sand based magic along with the shifting sands and ranged attacks to drive intruders off their trail and far from the above ground entrances to their cities. And simply because, yes they would seem to need that strength for burrowing, but the strength required is instead taken care of through the spikes littered across the body, evenly distributing the force and movement required.

To be quite honest, I was seriously thinking about appending the burrow speed with (Sand and Loose Dirt Only) to exemplify their wasteland-based advantages. Maybe have a feat be allowed after a certain level to strengthen the spikes and let them burrow through tougher material, with another at a very high level to allow the burrowing through of rock with the help of caustic mucus or the like.

I will admit that the main reason for this was "Deserts traders and guides are fairly underused in the current fantasy genre and lots of people like tauric creatures in fantasy as well as giant worms..." right after "I need to stop watching Tremors."
Ah I see, sounds logical!

Limiting them to softer ground would align with the Tremors even more; I like how you've thought ahead to making a feat chain to improve upon that.

Again, I'm somewhat amazed this particular tauric concept hasn't come up in a sourcebook before. Endless variants on purple worms/Dune etc but never a PC race, until now.