I'm hesitant to post anything since I feel like my situation isn't really bad enough to warrant anyone's concern or attention, but I think I need to just let this out. Feel free to skip over if you want.

By all rights I should be happy right now. I started my first full-time job in my profession about two months ago, after a five-year journey that included a year and a half of volunteering, two years of grad school, a couple years of part-time work, and dozens if not hundreds of applications and interviews that went nowhere before I finally, finally landed this job.

Finally I was able to stop living with my parents and move out on my own. Sure, I had to take a job nearly 200 miles away from everyone I know, but I can still visit on weekends once a month or so. I feel isolated and lonely, though. I haven't made any friends since moving out here. My coworkers are all polite, but I don't feel like I've connected with any of them on a deeper level where any of them would want to hang out with me outside of work. I have hardly met anyone else at all, outside of work and a few local stores and restaurants that I have been to. I'd also like to find a new relationship (it's been about 4 years since my last one ended, and about 2 1/2 since the last time I even went on a date), but I've not had any luck there so far either. There's one woman at my job who's exactly the type of person I'd like to go out with, but I worked so hard to get this job that I don't want to endanger anything here by pursuing her, especially since she's shown zero signs of being interested in me that way. I've dug up my old OKCupid account and updated my info, but haven't found really any potential matches around here to get excited about.

All I've really got in terms of social interaction is gaming on my PS4 with friends a couple times a week, and going back home every 3 weeks or so to see people for a little while. It could certainly be worse, but I'm feeling isolated and lonely and it seems to be geting worse rather than better.