Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
Yes I the ship could be tweaked, I'm just running out of steam for this conversion for the moment haha. Disintegrate was a lzay choice on my part, should probably be an energy ray psi-like ability.

Although the main characters of B5 were low- to mid-level PCs at best (most likely Experts or d20 Modern classes), the series very much had an Epic scale. Kosh and all the other Vorlons were thousands (and more likely millions) of years old, with the implied equivalent CR. Lorien explicitly stated that Sheridan et al couldn't kill Ulkesh, and it was made clear that the younger races were no match for the Vorlons/Shadows militarily -they were just used as pawns in the cosmic Order/Chaos philosophical debate. Finally, picture the death scene of Kosh & Ulkesh - they turn into an energy discharge that runs along the length of the entire station and then destroys Ulkesh's ship. The more I think about it the more epic they seem.

I think we agree in the sense that a Vorlon works better as a quest-giving NPC rather than an enemy (except maybe towards the end of a campaign when the PCs reject the Vorlon's manipulation).

Re: ships - as each Vorlon is an ancient creature with the attendant accumulated wealth/gear/technology, I'm pretty sure they actually do each have a personal ship. (In much they same way that every paladin paladin of sufficient level has a special mount). Of course this could be adapted as you choose to your campaign -making Vorlons populous enough to have low-CR civilians/grunts, along with keeping them non-epic and making them magical rather than psionic.
You're doing a fantastic job so far
I hope you regain your steam on this one soon, and make sense out of all of this - including why such powerful beings would care about the younger races (beyond a game/wager they run with their chaotic counterparts).