Quote Originally Posted by upho View Post
Is RH the King of Disciplines? And I didn't even get invited to the coronation ceremony?

More seriously though, I kinda agree that it's probably the least build/level dependent and most universally good/great discipline. But if that's what got RH on the throne, it seems to me that in the proverbial Kingdom of Disciplines, the monarch doesn't have much real power. IOW, I think the question "what is the best discipline" is far too broad, as a meaningful answer is thankfully still specific.

Also, I think there are only a handful of RH maneuvers that actually stand out as universally great, while a large majority are just as build dependent as those of other disciplines.

Anyhow, I think for example Golden Lion, Fool's Errand and Eternal Guardian aren't far behind in terms of universally good/great maneuvers, as well as Broken Blade in its current non-errata-ed version. The three former disciplines also happen to be decently to very well balanced IMO, a parameter which I definitely think should be factored in when comparing disciplines.
Well the point is its King because its like Ketchup right it goes on anything. It doesn't force you to play any style and can be combined easily with any other disciplines.

Fool's Errand has Lock which can be hard to understand requires you to level a worthless skill.
Golden Lion is more about helping your teammates...its very strong I agree but not every player cares about helping their teammates that much.
Broke Blade does bring the pain...does it still require you to focus on unarmed combat because again for most maneveurs cause stylistically not everyone wants to play that way.
Eternal Guardian is strong but its focused around abusing reach and AOOs which granted isn't a bad way to go but not for everyone.

RH simply combines great with everything. So sure it might not be the most optimal choice in all cases but is all never at risk of being a bad choice either.

But really it depends on your concept and how many different disciplines you want to mix together.