Neiman gives a sincere smile at their hospitality and kind words, and looks of condolences at hearing they are indeed refugees. Following Elijah's lead, he ties his sword to the horse, as well as his helmet and shield. Feeling a bit chafed, he regrets letting his superstition make him wear the chain mail into town.

"Yes, thank you for your kind food. As my friend said, my name is Neiman, Neiman Rochester."

He starts engaging some of the men present with small talk, hoping to build rapport as Elijah's song lifts spirits, eventually saying, "I was a farmer before coming here with Lord Ox, and I hope to tend the lands and grow some good produce and tend some healthy livestock. Do any of you have experience with that line of work, before traveling here? I could use a good man or woman to help lead the efforts, though I'm sure the new lord would reward any service with a room, food, and coin."

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Just to make sure, rolling Sincerity to try to make sure they are honest. I'm just paranoid from games where the first friendly folk poison us.
Guessing Perception (4 dice) @ 6
(4d10)[8][7][6][8](29)

Also, if it matters (and as a trial for using SA)--rolling Leadership to try to inspire, through his simple offer of work and sincere and invested interest, the folk to work with him in this endeavor
If it's not applicable, it's just practice and please disregard the roll.
Social 4 dice + 2 Drive (make the manor thrive) = 6 dice
(6d10)[9][5][6][1][10][6](37) @ 6