Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
All exotic weapons - I don't intend for it to count as feats (in the same way that fighters don't get Simple Weapon Proficiency and Martial Weapon Proficiency as feats at first level).
My bad, overthought it ><
ASF - yeah this is very much something for the gishes. Won't make up for lost caster levels but it's something at least.
If you don't mindlosing 9's yu can take 4 levels then take a feat (can't remember name) that gives you +4 CL, can't pass your own HD.
Combat Medic - I've loved you ideas re:swift actions, potions, and attacks of opportunity and I've incorporated them all (as immediate actions, even).
Whoo
Veteran's Intuition - Intimidate is a flavourful addition but I do want to keep Search (the whole "adventurer" fighter theme - even if they can't disable a trap they can still spot it. I'm not too worried about stacking bonuses for these revised classes; the 1/2 class level bonus is based off the untyped bonus Bards get in Pathfinder for Bardic Knowledge.
Fair enough, but they can't find traps over DC 20 (30?) without trapfinding, just to note.
Brawler - I dithered between making this a proper natural attack (possibly benefiting from Multiattack), or incorporating it into the capstone so that the -5 penalty is removed at 20th level. However it's meant to be just a minor extra attack, like in climactic duels in books/movies where the hero throws a punch/kick during a sword duel; I'll leave the penalty at -5.
Fair enough
Rally The Troops - I may just fully incorporate the ability into the class, and give the fighter the otption of only one skill (Diplomacy, Bluff, etc) as a class skill at character creation.
Fair enough, although I personally would have to take bluff as those are the character types I prefer to play XP
Bodyguard - very good point! I suppose I could steal the Aid Another restrictions, but I wanted the fighter to able to take some of the damage from ranged attacks and spells too... I suppose just handwave it as "the fighter reaches over his ally's shoulder to bat away the rogue's dagger with his sword" somehow.
Ignore that! there is a feat (DotU?) that allows the same
Enchanted - great idea! Wish I'd thought of a feat chain for weapon/armour special abilities!
It's never too late :P
Alacrity - I don't know too much about swordsage/maneuvers/diamond mind (isn't that a monk ability?) abuse so I'll just have to plead ignorance and let the DM control broken interactions.
Basically gives them more actions by expending a swift, and yes I believe the monk has an ability of the same name, however diamond mind is also the name of the discipline.
Throw Mastery - yeah, was meant to be a Xena type thing where at the start of each combat you'd hurl your chakram (or equivalent) and let it knock out a bunch of enemies while you use your sword in melee. It occurs to me that it's a rather specific ability,may have to excise it as a feat.
I like it how it is, but as a free action you can theoretically throw an inf amount ('till you run out of ammo) I would make it a swift 1/round.
Adventurer - shadow walk is inferior to teleport and plane shift (Cleric 5th) for their specific purposes, but is more versatile in that it can semi-duplicate either effect. This ability comes online the same time they do and is useful more for story purposes (or perhaps a climactic escape). I agree the "nonmagical" thing is a real stretch (and I had to admit they might need wizards/portals anyways haha).

Improved Veteran's Intuition - this was meant to be another nonmagical effect - either you get "hunches" or you're informed by contacts of what's going on. Not as good as contact other plane obviously but I couldn't figure out how to make a mundane version of that.

Hard as nails - Hardness is rapidly becoming one of my favourite abilities, as it incorporates both DR and energy resistance... you have a point about a proper DR progression being easier to calculate though. I'll have a rethink.
These are good points
Legendary Champion - jumping to a +12 Will save is clumsy, but I think bonuses to all saves might be troublesome if they're that high. I could give an inherent greater heroism instead.
For the saves, you could give them all good, not too OP for a mellee in my opinion
Other Abilities:
I like all those suggestions! I may give them the option of choosing them (and of splitting Mettle into strictly Fort and Will saves); Uncanny Dodge is great "adventurer" flavour too.

Thanks and good luck on exams!
Yeah no problem!