View Single Post

Thread: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

1. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Well, here goes:
    1) You can get in a level earlier then most PrC's. Not a bad thing necessarily, but if you wanted to make it 5th make the skill ranks for knowledge and spellcraft to 8.
    2 levels earlier them normal actually (typically 6 level entry for most Prc's). I did it on purpose as it gives a nice progression that you can cast Mass reduce person as a third level spell as soon as you get thord level spell while still leaving 2 levels you can benefit from personal adjustment, as it loses quite a bit of it's appeal when you get mass reduce person.
    2) Skills, you have some copy/paste cling on.
    Fixed that

3) Personal adjustment: when you reduces someone's skim. Did you mean skin?
    Meant skim, though i worded the sentence around it poorly. Should be clearer now.

4) I would also rephrase personal adjustment (something like this, no changes, just easier to read): When you cast a reduce spell you can choose for it to also effect you.
    Thats a better way to word it then what I had, except I added a bit that clarifies its a extra copy.

5) Packed Skin: I would make this DR/- equal to your your class level, then within the capstone double it ( DR10/-) is not gonna do much at high levels. also Admantite should be Admantine
    Thats a better formula then the one I was using so i'll use it. Fixed the typo too. Made it so when you have a caster level of 13 (Which should be level 14 assuming no other boosts) the DR becomes DR/-.
    6) Faster. Smaller, Stronge: I would put the one's you can choose from either in a list or italicize the names (more of a readability thing)
    Added this

7) Focused Effect: At higher levels can I quarter it? Make it single target? (To shrink even farther?)
    You can now (was considering making it +8 Dex -8 str and an additional category but being able to give a +12 to dex, +4 str, 10 DR permanently to 2 people at level 9 seems a bit extreme. I might decrease some of the other numbers because its still pretty high numbers

The class looks nice!
    Thanks!

I also added a new Faster, Smaller, Stronger ability, that creates 2 pills that act like a delayed shrink effect (While I wish I made the class use both enlarge and reduce person so I could make a better Blue-Or-Red-Pill joke .

I'm also thinking of making the Prc 7 levels long, making the 5th level ability make Reduce spelllast 1 hour/level (Increasing Compacted speeds duration to 1 minute/level and Float like a Butterfly, Sting like a Bee 10 minutes/ level) and have Long range, moving back everlasting reduction to level 7 and add some sort of auto Heighten effect for using reduce spells, like maybe being able to heighten reduce spells to up to your highest level while using a slot equal to Heighted spell level-1 for level 6.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback!
    Last edited by Coretron03; 2017-10-20 at 07:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Therefore, you just need a taller statue -- or a sufficiently high pedestal for your statue, if you're a cheese-weasel -- to permanently kill any god in 2e.