1. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: [Gestalt] [3.5 or 3.P] ]Homebrew?] I wanna play a Samurai Jack character

Alright then, I'll throw together a 16 and edit this in a moment, along with looking at said homebrew.
    Spoiler: 16
    Show

What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    D&D 3.5
    What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Where Madness dwells, unless players wish otherwise, in which case a free online module
    How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    7-8, No alternates.
    What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    This Forum.
    What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    7th Level
    How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    TBD, probabaly standard WBL
    Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Homebrew allowed and encouraged on case by case basis Prestige classes obviously allowed, try not to go too crazy (Ex: Incantatrix/dweomerkeeper/etc. If you bring PUN-Pun, I will ban you (yeah, my brother tried over the summer...).
    What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Max HP, I always do that I don't do point buy, so 90 points, split between abilities as you see fit, minimum of 8 (pre-race) in each, max of 20.
    Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Meh, I'm lax on the whole thing, although if you want to play the uber holy character you probably shouldn't be a disciple of (Archfiend)

Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    No penalties, but don't make a build based completely on dipping (such as something with wiz 1/fighter 1/rogue 1/X 1/etc) I don't mind it,
    but if you have 7 different classes? That's kind of annoying yeah? SO, basically no builds made of only dips. Dips themselves are fine.
    (Once again, had a player last summer with a level 50 character... highest in class was 5 levels )

Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Die rolls in OOC thread, don't be the one who goes and edits 'em please.
    Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Off the top of my head? Corporeal undead and constructs do not have immunity to precision based damage, extra 2 skill points per level,
    and for every 4 skill points you would get from a level you gain a free skill trick, which doesn't count against your max. So a rogue who gets 12 skill points that level also gets 3 skill tricks, if he qualifies for them
    . Open to other houserule suggestions, and reserve the right to add a few to deal with someone pulling off something rediculous (Ex: No nesting thought bottles, no inf wishes, no d2 crusaders... you guys have RP'ed before )
    Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Something reasonable, not like 12 pages, (We all have stuff to do). So cover all the essential bases, even if it is very brief and then you put the rest in your character sheets: EX: John Doe (why is it always that for generic names?) led a brutal life in the slums of (town). It was kill or be killed, but he made it. Then for enemies throw a few things in the box etc... We've RP'ed before right?
    Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    Seems to be a combination, but you can look at the module (I linked it above) if you wish.
    Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    I do not have dragon magazines (most of 'em, I do have the dragon compendum or whatever they called it) and a few other books, so, if you are using certain splat books (like champions of valor) I may ask you to find me a link, although if I have it /can find it you are fine. Also, newest versions of everything, so MIC will override quite a few things. Web enhancements case by case.
    Depending on somethings I may make exclusions, if it is necessary... So ask nicely
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-11-01 at 10:09 AM.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.