Xorn

Kids, don't do trimerism. It's bad for you.

Xorn come in three sizes, continuing the pattern seen in arrowhawks, salamanders, and tojanidas. Regardless of age, they have high natural armor (we're talking +12-16 here), immunity to cold and fire, resistance to electricity, tremorsense, DR 5/bludgeoning, a burrow speed with Earth Glide, and all-around vision, which I must admit is a pretty neat set of defensive benefits.

Minor Xorn

For 3 RHD, the aforementioned benefits are quite nice, and minor xorns have a strength bonus (despite being Small), a very strong bite attack, and three supplementary claws. +12 natural armor is impressive as well.

Even if their special abilities aren't anything to write home about, I feel like minor xorns will have a considerable impact on combat, and in addition their RHD are low enough to allow access to prestige classes without the usual struggles. For now, I'll give it +1 LA.

Average Xorn

Two points of strength, a size increase, +2 natural armor and bigger natural weapons, plus Cleave as a bonus feat for some reason. Not worth four extra RHD, that's for sure. -0 LA.

Elder Xorn

Actual stat increases this time, but even bigger RHD increases. Also, 'walking through rock' isn't sufficient noncombat utility at these levels, if it ever was at all. -0 LA.