1. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge: E6 Appetizer Edition (IV)

Pretty sure that my 4e group would make this guy an honorary member (at least) of the Unsleeping Telepathic Defenders Club. Which is actually a thing. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian
    Spoiler: Image
    Show

Guardian, LG Warforged Knight 6

Spoiler: Build
    Show
    Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
    1st Knight 1 +1 +0 +0 +2 Intimidate 4, Ride 4 Adamantine Body Fighting Challenge +1, Knight's Challenge, Knight's Code
    2nd Knight 2 +2 +0 +0 +3 Intimidate 5, Ride 5 Mounted CombatB Mounted Combat, Shield Block
    3rd Knight 3 +3 +1 +1 +3 Intimidate 6, Ride 6 Constant Guardian Bulwark of Defense
    4th Knight 4 +4 +1 +1 +4 Intimidate 7, Ride 7 Armor Mastery(Medium), Test of Mettle
    5th Knight 5 +5 +1 +1 +4 Intimidate 8, Ride 8 Spirited ChargeB Bonus Feat, Vigilant Defender
    6th Knight 6 +6 +2 +2 +5 Intimidate 9, Ride 9 Dutiful Guardian Shield Ally

Epic Feats:
    Shape Soulmeld(Shedu Crown)
    Open Least Chakra(Crown)
    Mindsight
    Martial Study(Shield Block)
    Martial Stance(Martial Spirit)
    Imperious Command
    Stone Power
    Bonus Essentia
    Shape Soulmeld(Brass Mane)
    Martial Stance(Iron Guard's Glare)

Stats:
    Str - 16
    Dex - 10
    Con - 12 (14)
    Int - 10
    Wis - 12 (10)
    Cha - 16 (14)

Spoiler: Backstory/Play Style
    Show
    Backstory:
    "From the moment I first awoke, I have known my purpose. I am the shield that turns aside the blade, the wall that holds back the tide. Know that if you seek to harm my charges, you will find your ambitions shattered upon my resolve. Sheathe your blades and flee, lest your thirst for violence lead you unto ruin!"

Near the end of the last war, Wilhelm d'Cannith found himself experimenting with modifications to the warforged creation process. One of his more promising ideas involved repurposing many of the methods used to create Shield Guardians. The warforged resulting from this experimentation were assigned to generals and important military officials as aides and bodyguards. Guardian is one such warforged.

When the war ended, Guardian's purpose did not. He quickly found himself in jobs where he was called upon to guard or defend a wide variety of people. Guardian is fond of gifting a little shield necklace to those he protects to mark them as his charges.

Play Style:
    Unless he needs to mount up and punch a hole in the enemy line so his allies can get through, Guardian rarely strays far from those he defends. He needs to be nearby to utilize most of his defensive abilities. Constant Guardian and Dutiful Guardian let him protect adjacent allies by giving AC boosts and stepping in to take a hit if needed. The Shield Ally capstone lets him take additional hits for the team. Once he's in position to tank for the group, he activates Stone Power and Martial Spirit Stance.

The rest of his abilities help him to spot threats, or try to stop fights before they start. Where possible, he prefers to intimidate a potential foe into retreat, so that no one needs to get hurt.

Spoiler: Sources
    Show
    Monster Manual 3 - Warforged
    Drow of the Underdark - Constant Guardian, Dutiful Guardian, Imperious Command
    Magic of Incarnum - Shape Soulmeld, Open Least Chakra, Bonus Essentia
    Tome of Battle - Martial Study, Martial Stance, Stone Power
    Lords of Madness - Mindsight
    Last edited by Zaq; 2017-12-08 at 08:40 PM.