Alias: Leslie Pipaluk (Admitted to Sam, J, and Geneva that this isn't her real name.)
What We Know About Leslie:
- Dark skin and curly hair, brown eyes, big glasses with a scratch on them
- From a planet named Planet, which has been distantly connected to Nexus for a long time
- Experience with medicines and with human augmentation, which she seems to find exciting
- Expressed interest in animal and monster biology on top of that
- Spent some time as a shadowrunner and some time in a university laboratory
- One Pokémon, a giant lab rat named Algernon
- A personal drug-mixing workstation called a compothecary. It looks kind of like an old iMac.
What We Don't Know About Leslie:
Spoiler- Her birth name (Elizabeth "Lizzy" Guiser)
- Her real eye color (Don't get any ideas; it's just blue.)
- Her Father's Deal (She seems to be on the run from him, believing he has some power over her and Changeling)
- Her single remaining contact on Planet (A monster scientist who she keeps calling, "Al.")
- She has a genetic augmentation that boosts her ability to bond with monsters.
- The soul of a human from Planet can persist outside the body after death, leaving it vulnerable to theft by monsters.
- Leslie's soul has a weird quality that lets her survive things that most people can't.
- Relies on her Pokémon to defend her even though her Magic Defense stat is better
- Uses potions to buff Algernon
- Throws a variety of non-lethal alchemical bombs
- Has an apartment in Inside and works as a pharmacist and formulary.
- Now has an upgraded laptop compothecary.
- On a grant following the Blood Moon event, she has continued her soul science research and entered the field cognitive psichiatry.
- None of that was a typo.
Aliases: Labrattus, Subject 01, Fubs
Class: Lab Rat
What we know about Algernon:
- Albino, blue-eyed, basset-hound-sized
- He's named after a famous short story
- Labratti are monsters related to Rattata
- Is Leslie's starter, which I guess is like a familiar? Planet is weird
- Understands human and monster-animal speech but can't seem to translate
- Doubles the effects of potions used on him
- "This lab rat likes solving puzzles and mazes for food. It has solved so many that it has gotten fat."
What We Don't Know About Algernon:
Spoiler- Labrattus is the middle evolution in the Labratta line.
- The only known Labraniacs in Planet's history belonged to infamous mad scientists.
- Has a serviceable Magic Attack stat that's boosted by a puzzle box
- Wins most fights with the one-two combo of Super Fang and Hyper Beam
- Can learn some moves temporarily from potions or puzzle boxes
- Has an extended lifespan because of his association with Leslie
Aliases: Elizabeth "Beth" Guiser, Leslie's Sister
Class: Street Samurai
What We Know About Changeling:
- Spiky hair, dark skin, brown eyes, toned abs
- She's a monster capable of assuming a human form
- Grew up with a human sister, but was trained to fight instead of going to school
- Monsters from Planet dissolve into dust upon being knocked out unless they're bound to a human master
- Likes milk I guess
What We Don't Know About Changeling:
Spoiler- Has a creepy father/master relationship with Leslie's dad and doesn't know how to feel about that sometimes
- Is ridiculously, stupidly strong. Changeling can throw cars and punch through walls when necessary.
- Can copy the moves and elemental properties of other monsters, but sucks too much at magic to use most attacks well.
- "Changeling" is actually her monster species. She evolved from Ditto like fifteen years ago.
- Her soul has the same weird quality that Leslie's does. All player characters do, to some extent.
- Moves quickly and likes improvised melee weapons. Approach with caution.
- No longer lives with her sister.
- After drinking plenty of water and protein shakes for two years, her body now has too much "physical matter" to fit in a normal pokéball.
Pronouns: She, Her
What we know about Wanessa:
- An adult human with a stark pale complexion who wears red and black
- A vampire with melty shadowy powers among other "standard" things
- Deathly afraid of sunlight because it's known to vaporize vampires
- Refuses to use second-person pronouns and often talks to herself
- Works as some kind of inscrutable magical infrastructure technician
- Currently works at Rakdosbucks, a dubious beverage-dealing corporation
What we don't know about Wanessa:
Spoiler- Don't worry about it
- Seriously, there's nothing you could possibly want to know about her that she won't just absentmindedly mutter out loud
- Despite their predatory aesthetic, vampires are near the bottom of the horror-monster food chain
- Probably runs and hides despite being quite physically and magically capable (See Chart)
- Issues earnest requests to people in italics, which is not actually mind control yet is no less effective