Quote Originally Posted by thirsting View Post
Simply elitism. MY metal is way more metal than YOUR baby metal. :p

I suspect it's the same everywhere. I live in Scandinavia (northern Europe) and have had very similar experiences. Best to just ignore it, and listen to what you like, and not try to force yourself like what you just... don't. Your taste in metal might evolve into something more extreme later on, or it might not.

It's good to try new things every now and then, though. (or I'd still listen to things like Glenn Medeiros, whom I loved as a kid.. *shudder* ) Secretly, I still like hiiimmm
That makes sense. I do also listen to other metal subgenres sometimes, and try to explore new genres. It's just that I'm relatively new to the metal subculture, and I didn't know that certain subgenres were generally looked down upon by a large part of the fanbase.

I shouldn't be surprised, though. A lot of other music fandoms have similar elitism (check out the country music fanbase for reference)

I don't care if they like a certain music or not. Again, everyone has their own tastes. I'll keep listening to songs about epic battles of glory and steel. (Yes, I do know how dumb that sentence sounds)