Quote Originally Posted by AureusFulgens View Post
That's a good point. I'll probably knock the time for the offensive ability down to 1 minute and allow the additional saves. I've particularly got hold person in mind, which is a decent comparison in terms of how similar effects work.

I'll knock it up to the straight 6d6 from meld into stone. That could mess up some weaker 6th-level characters pretty bad, so it would definitely add risk to using it defensively. If the guards figure out it's you in the painting because they've been looking at it every day for the last ten years and it definitely doesn't have those six weird-looking adventurers in it, then you could be in a pile of trouble.
Sounds good to me. Comparing it with hold person was smart, I hadn't made that connection.

I'm not that attached to the idea, so I'll stick with concentration, though I'm still thinking I might allow an exception for illusions. The list of illusions that require concentration would be...
  • silent image
  • blur
  • invisibility
  • phantasmal force
  • shadow blade
  • silence
  • fear
  • hypnotic pattern
  • major image
  • greater invisibility
  • phantasmal killer
  • mislead
  • mental prison
  • project image
  • illusory dragon
  • weird

... so I'm still thinking about how bad the potential conflicts there are. I just like the idea of being able to hide in the painting and send a silent image of yourself down the hall. It's not an ability I'm deeply attached to, though.
Seeing the list, keeping it to illusion should be fine and good.

Cool, I'll think of a good wording to add. The capstone is pretty short, so I don't feel bad about adding a clause to it.

Thanks again for all the feedback! I'm thinking this is pretty much production-ready.
Of course, it's been fun! I agree, you've got a solid, complete subclass on your hands, sir!