1. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Cultures -- Multiple Pan-Asian sources in a WELL DONE "mashup"

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    Not sure I want to go fully in that direction. (I already have the anachronistically egalitarian Twilight People and the decidedly matrilineal Moon People.)

Wonder if it could be a divide between clans based on which specific old culture they originated with, or something. Even that could be take things into some unintentionally message-y directions (frex, the people who founded the Empire are patrilineal, the people they conquered or absorbed were matrilineal... message anvils follow, intentional or not.)

A bigwig might decided to handle it by hiring the party... they might hire a party of adventurers to solve some dire problem for the same reason they'd pay for a bath or theater or forum to be built...
    Actually I wasn't thinking of an egalitarian society...
    On matralinial I was meaning to focus on clan identity issues. More you are Jewish if your mother is a Jew type than anything. And that while if men rather that women are the ones to leave their their clans it would allow for some clan movement in a non-egalitarian society.

And as for the tangent - that was exactly what I was thinking. it enhances the patron's gloria but he never had to get his hands dirty, appear in improper garb, speak non-native languages, or other things that may be erode his dignitas
    Last edited by sktarq; 2018-02-03 at 12:12 PM.