Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
The whole series is full of good, interesting characters. At least the ones that we get to know. Granted, I rarely dislike characters in general, and a few can be a bit much at times, but both series do a really good job with their casts, or the main series with the two dozen important people. There are a few I think could use more time but still.

Also, I've come to realize while the series is pretty light on romance anyway, the only two crushes I can think of (Uraka's and Pop's) are mainly coming from the female side.. Which just seems uncommon in a shonen series for some reason. Though, it might be just my imagination.
It's fairly uncommon, since usually the girl plays the "oblivious because shy though she knows it's a thing" in most series like this. I for one really like how Uraraka is trying to balance her crush with her actual work though, that's really cool.

And yeah the problem with ensemble casts like this is that you will not have time to give everyone the coverage you want. It's why this arc is focusing so much on Ashido, Horikoshi really wanted her to be a bigger character than she's ended up being! He just hasn't had the time for it. Balancing characters is a difficult thing to do writing wise.