Your 6th World may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
If said corporation is looking for you, yes, not having a SIN in their database makes life much easier for you.
His squad were burned. The corp have burned him. Burning an asset, to me, means that they've tried to kill them/get them killed, disavowed all knowledge and destroyed all records (except for super-secret records). The corp isn't looking for him; or if they are, they only started after they burned him. Too late now to say "Whoops, yes, sorry Lone Star, that guy we said wasn't one of ours: turns out he was."

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
How is any of this relevant to his situation? He cannot actively use that corporate SIN anyway, because otherwise the corp would immediately be alerted to his presence, so it does absolutely nothing to make his life easier, it only helps the corp to make it easier to track him down.
You're still looking at this from the wrong end. If you want to burn an asset (or ruin someone's life), rendering them SINless is a good move. You take so much from them by doing so. And if you're a corp suit with access to the corp SIN database, it's easier to delete the SIN that to hack LoneStar to add a criminal SIN.

I suppose you could alter the corporate SIN data to show an internally-deal-with criminal act, but you'd need more paperwork and I'm not sure the 'Star would treat a Corporate Criminal SIN the same way as a standard Criminal SIN.