1. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Prestige Class Contest III: Switch Hitters

The Sky-Land Warrior

On the ground, I can strike you with every part of my body. In the air, you cannot touch me and I can rain my terror down upon you. What makes you think you scare me? - Trasviin, Manticori Sky-Land Warrior

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Manticori Nekomimi or Manticore
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Feats: Slicing Spines
    Special: Must have a fly speed

Class Skills
    The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex)
    Skills Points at Each Level: 6 + int

Hit Dice: d10

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
    1st
    +1
    +2
    +2
    +0
    Dodge, Mighty Roar, Natural attacks
    2nd
    +2
    +3
    +3
    +0
    Hover, Mobility, Phantom Quills
    3rd
    +3
    +3
    +3
    +1
    Enhanced Quills, Flyby Attack, Multiattack
    4th
    +4
    +4
    +4
    +1
    Diving Pounce, Enhanced Quills, Pounce
    5th
    +5
    +4
    +4
    +1
    Improved Flyby Attack, Bone-Breaking Strikes
    6th
    +6
    +5
    +5
    +2
    Enhanced Quills, Quick Takeoff

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Sky-land warriors gain no additional proficiencies with any weapons or armor.

Dodge: You gain the Dodge feat even if you do not meet the prerequisites. If you already have that feat, you may instead choose one that you qualify for.

Mighty Roar: You gain the Mighty Roar feat even if you do not meet the prerequisites. If you already have that feat, you may instead choose one that you qualify for.

Natural attacks: While you are on the ground, you may make two secondary natural wing attacks that deal 1d4 slashing or bludgeoning damage.

Hover: You gain the Hover feat even if you do not meet the prerequisites. If you already have that feat, you may instead choose one that you qualify for.

Mobility: You gain the Mobility feat even if you do not meet the prerequisites. If you already have that feat, you may instead choose one that you qualify for.

Phantom Quills (Su): Whenever you would be able to make a quill attack, you may instead fire a phantom quill. This phantom quill disappears when it hits a target, does not use up a quill when used, and has any bonuses and enhancements your quills would have (unless specified otherwise), but does not deliver a dose of poison when used.

Enhanced Quills: Starting at 3rd level, and each level afterwards, your quill attacks gain a bonus to attacks equal to your your sky-land warrior bonus + 1/4th your HD. At levels 3, 4, 5, and 6 select a single ability from below. Each ability may be chosen once unless specified. Your quills gain that enhancement.

Enhancements:
    • Embedding (Ex): When an opponent takes damage from your quill, they must succeed on a Fort save (DC 10+1/2 HD) or have the quill stick in their flesh. Lodged quills impose a -1 penalty on attacks, saves, and checks per quill. A quill can be removed safely with a DC 20 Heal check; otherwise, removing a quill deals an extra 1d6 points of damage. This enhancement does not apply to the phantom quills ability.
    • Precise (Ex): The critical range and multiplier of your quills increases by one. You may select this ability multiple times.
    • Aligned (Su): Your quills count as aligned and magic weapons with your alignment types and bypass the corresponding damage reduction.
    • Ectoplasmic (Su): Your quills count as ghost touch magic weapons.
    • Seeking (Su): Your quills gain the seeking ability. This only functions when the quills are fired, not when using the slicing spines ability.
    • Bane (Su): Your quills gain the Bane quality as though it was a magic weapon and you must select a designated foe.
    • Vicious (Ex): Your quills gain the vicious quality. This only functions when the quills are used with the slicing spines ability, not when fired.
    • Marking Flare (Su): When an opponent takes damage from your quill, they must make a will save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Cha) or be affected as though faerie fire.
    • Cruel (Su): When your quill strikes a creature that is frightened, shaken, or panicked with a cruel weapon, that creature becomes sickened for 1 round. When your quills are used to knock unconscious or kill a creature, you gain 5 temporary hit points that last for 10 minutes.

Flyby Attack: You gain the Flyby Attack feat even if you do not meet the prerequisites. If you already have that feat, you may instead choose one that you qualify for.

Multiattack: You gain the Multiattack feat even if you do not meet the prerequisites. If you already have that feat, you may instead choose one that you qualify for.

Pounce (Ex): You gain the pounce special quality if you did not have it.

Diving Pounce (Ex): When you make a dive attack, you may make a full attack with all of your natural weapons minus your wings.

Improved Flyby Attack: You gain the Improved Flyby Attack feat even if you do not meet the prerequisites. If you already have that feat, you may instead choose one that you qualify for.

Bone-Breaking Strikes (Ex): Your melee attacks add twice your strength bonus to damage rolls. At 15 HD, it increases to three times your strength bonus. At 20 HD, it increases to four times.

Quick Takeoff (Ex): You may jump into the air and begin flying as a free action at the beginning of your turn if you started your turn on the ground.
    Last edited by Aniikinis; 2018-05-23 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Typos
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarian Rex View Post
    Sometimes you need more than well crafted crunch. Sometimes you need well crafted crunch that is playable in the game.
    Steam: Papa Palpy Palpatine
    Pesterchum: mysticUmbra
    YouTube: Noctus Does Things

Black(Blue and Green) or Sultai is my khanate, and my colour alignment.

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew