Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
I honestly don't recall any match whose result I agree that was actually somewhat fairly balanced and DB just made a good argument for it... I mean... There might be one, but I don't remember.
Part of the problem here is that the more imbalanced a matchup is, the easier it is to call. As the balance of a matchup approaches 50/50, one's ability to conclusively declare a winner approaches zero.

It's the basic principle of fighting game matchups: with two well-matched characters, the end result depends on so many contextual elements that it's impossible to pick a clear winner. In a 5-5 matchup, it's a coin flip. I wish there were a good way to roll that into the premise, because the best part of a DB is never the part where you get a canonical "who would always win" result, it's the part where they both duke it out with all their abilities.

Which IMO is why the Pinkiepool DB is on a completely new tier of goodness. It wasn't about determining an absolute winner, it was about telling a great story in the fight.