View Single Post

Thread: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son

1. - Top - End - #270
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son

16th Legion

Comms chatter with how to interpret Max and Earth's defenses was abuzz with activity, pilots talking on heavily encrypted channels transmitted through wormholes, making them virtually impossible to intercept. Nevertheless, if someone could, they'd hear the pilots attempting to interpret the returned message, broadcast across the entire flotilla.

Er, what does that mean...?

It's a huh-mun gesture, I think.

It's pronounced "human"

Then why is there a 'u'?

Shut it ya fops! Do we hav' clearance or nah?

Well, they gave us flight coordinates, they want us to rally around their fleet-wait. That can't be right.

Am I seeing this right?

Their entire PDF fleet consists of...is that a Capital Ship?
    That can't be right. Those things are like...huge priority targets. Heart forbid these Orks are native ki-users.
    Maybe it's an amalgam-ship. Ships capable of breaking off into smaller ships.
    Huh, talk about an antique. Ships are gonna be obsolete in a few years.

The problem with capital ships, to the Arcosians, is that they're large, centralized targets. When the average soldier is strong enough to break continents in half without much effort, the idea of ships being any bigger than the relatively small, 100 meter Arcosian Carriers, was quite silly. A large number of smaller ships was more tactically flexible, provided target saturation, were smaller, more nimble targets, and provided better protection against priority targeting. After all, who could tell which ship is the command ship?

Er, you might want to look at these scans. Exotic material of some...thing I can't pronounce, crazy strong shields, actually can't tell if they're spatial-deflection fields or hard-light. Honestly the thing might actually pack a punch.

Still, it's at a significant tactical disadvantage.

Right, but we got a job to do.

What's even on Earth, anyways?

Hopefully nothing, but it's got the Emperor all worked up.

Enough chatter, everyone form up on me.

With that, the carriers moved as a group, clustering around the battleship, like bees surrounding a hive.

Solitus

Makai? Demon Realm?! Though Solitus' explanation was obnoxiously self-serving she could parse out enough that her betrayal of Tailripper allowed her, and arguably all of creation, to dodge a huge bullet. For his transfinite faults, Solitus was at least on-the-level in regard to that, it seemed. Plus if anything, she was going to need her protection, as even if the Kais were guarded in discrete ways, Tailripper could possibly put two and two together. Of course that wasn't guaranteed that he would come after her, even if he did figure it out, plus there was Solitus' ban against killing, but...now wasn't the time to take chances.

Thank you Your Perfectionness. she replied. At least she wasn't expected to be too sycophantic, though if she kept this up, she might end up finding reasons to side with this idiot, voluntarily. Ugh.

She looked about the room, the only others here had a rather significant conflict-of-interest, and if she were being perfectly honest, she found the idea of Solitus in a cooking competition absolutely hilarious. If nothing else, she could be fair and impartial and be genuine about it. As such, she raised her hand. I could judge.

She then looked away into space as she tried to figure out the source of the voice, only to realize it was in her head. She hoped it was telepathy, the alternative was she was going crazy. Who are you? She thought in reply, wondering if this feline-sounding entity could hear her thoughts, though she hoped not.

Bio-android

Apfel flew after Starlight. Though it was...hazy, the entity he sensed, he knew it was strong. Unbelievably strong, beyond even Hailing's power. Somehow. Of course, in his younger body he was pretty sure he could surpass him, but now wasn't the time for that, as he could tell, even at a distance, that Starlight and this...entity were not fighting. Through the telescopic sight on his glasses he could make out its features, it didn't look like any alien species he knows. Bio-engineered? Who or what could produce something that powerful? What else did Kurumo have, in reserve?

He could see its frustration, and how upset it was, but it wasn't directed at Starlight. It was just confused.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-05-03 at 03:09 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.