Quote Originally Posted by Laserlight View Post
Q16 Booming Blade and OA, not the usual question.

I have Warcaster and BB. In my turn, I hit Foe with BB #1. In her turn, she decides to move, accepting damage from BB1 and provoking an OA--which would be BB#2. Assuming she continues to move, is the order of events that BB1 goes off, then I make my Warcaster attack, then BB#2 goes off?

Or does the Warcaster attack happen before BB1 triggers, which I presume means BB#1 gets overwritten by BB#2 so Foe only takes the "if you move" damage once?

Can she accept the damage from BB#1 but cancel movement after I hit her with my Warcaster attack, thereby avoiding the move trigger for BB#2? (I don't see how that would work, logically, but the whole "BB and Sentinel are triggered by movement but can cancel that movement" is a bit shaky to me)
A16 This probably depends on whether you're playing on a grid on or not. If you are, then movement happens a square at a time. BB #2 hits before she's moved into the new square, overriding BB #1 before it has a chance to deal damage. If you're playing without a grid, movement happens a foot at a time, so Foe could move away from you a measurable distance before leaving your reach, triggering BB #1, and then you hit with BB #2 just before she leaves your reach, at which point she could choose to stop moving, having triggered BB #1 but not #2.