1. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Maximus Cheesius: A guide to a less cheesy Coffeelock

Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    Do cheese and coffee even go together? Is anyone's palate soothed by this bouquet?

And another thing: what are the coffee blends associated with various coffeelock builds? I've heard of decaf, but do we have any other silly flavor or serving names? Latte-lock? McDonalds-scald-lock? Mocha-lock? Premium roast? I guess Aspect of the Moon coffee locks should be called Kopi Luwak because they turned out to be a load of crap.

If warforged turn out to really be able to bring true tirelessness to the coffeelock, I propose we name them Mr. Coffee.
    You might joke about cheese and coffee, but I've actually had coffee-rind cheese (The rind/wax had ground coffee in it). It wasn't bad - definitely an interesting flavour.

Decaf = Elf Long Rest/Short Rest hybrid, he can't stay up as long but he's getting some sleep
    Latte-Lock = Probably this, it's a severely watered (milked?) down version of the coffee lock
    McDonalds Scald Lock = Normal Sorlock throwing fireballs out of Warlock slots, it's not real coffee but it burns like hell anyway
    Mocha-Lock = Same as the above build, but its Warlock 9/Sorcerer 5/Paladin 6, you get most of the good stuff of Coffeelock (not all the coffee goodness though) as well as the chocolatey flavour of Paladin, for a build sensation.
    Premium Roast = Coffeelock, but you use Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes to sell your wallet soul to a severely marked up brand that's not even that much better demon in exchange for even more power.

On a serious note, I think it's worth it to reiterate sorcerer spells that appear on the warlock list because they will be cast differently. Isn't the gimmick of the coffeelock to sacrifice their warlock slots for more lower-level sorcerer spells? It's also worth investigating what spells could be good if they were hoarded en-mass. A pile of chromatic orbs could be used to brute-force attack an enemy's weaknesses. Bottomless castings of charm person and disguise self make you a one-man crime racket.
    You can cast any spell you know, regardless of what class you know it from (exceptions apply, such as Magic Initiate). Which means any spell you picked with Warlock you can cast out of your Sorcerer spell slots, and vice versa. Hence why I didn't reiterate them - it's redundant to do so - the same spell is good no matter which list you picked it off.

Further, Gust combos with (a spammable) Levitate super-well in any area where creatures don't want to fall. White room dungeons aren't everywhere, and this combo can make sure the players can hijack every trap, lava pool, rushing river, eel-infested water, pen of angry animals, or even mud puddle to their advantage.
    Considered, I'll put it in as a Green.
    Last edited by Exocist; 2018-08-02 at 05:26 AM.