View Single Post

Thread: Alternate Accounts

1. - Top - End - #37
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Alternate Accounts

Ok, now hopefully I will have a chance to reply properly. Typing long replies with a controller is not easy...

Especially not when you are in a hurry. It is understandable you will all have some queries about the changes and some hesitation to come forward in some instances. It has always been a policy of Giant in the Playground that multiple accounts were not allowed, but that policy was never enforced. Understand that we thought long and hard before deciding to enforce this policy, due to certain abuses we deemed that it had become a requirement.

We are not on a witch hunt, we are not out to get people in the same family or who share a computer or use a public computer, we understand there will be instances where this happens and thats why all decisions must be made by a human, not a computer. The computer is there as a tool to help us identify possible abuses, but does not make the final decision.

We know many people have alternative accounts (aka alts) and have decided to institute a grace period and give you the opportunity to 'turn them in' and have them merged or friendly banned (kind of the same as being banned, but will not be listed as 'Banned', nor will it affect your main account. Title as yet to be decided).

We ask that you use this grace period to turn in your accounts, because after the grace period, harsher penalties, which may include banning of all your accounts, will apply (Note: I quickly edited my original post from will to could result in banning). The penalty will obviously relate to the severity.

I hope this helps explain things.This post will likely 'stuff up' due to the browser I am using (not the Wii), I may clean up the formatting by using the Wii later.
    Last edited by Lilly; 2007-04-05 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Stuffed Up formatting, also I am too nice

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak