Entry number 5

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick Rabelais
Roderick Rabelais, Voice of the Common Man

LE Human Holy Warrior Paladin of Tyranny 6/Blackguard 1/Doomlord 10/Blackguard 4
Stats
Spoiler
Show
Str 16
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 14 (increases here)

Build
Spoiler
Show

Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
1st Paladin of Tyranny 1 +1 +2 +0 +0 Knowledge (Relgion) 4, Diplomacy 4, Tumble 4 Power Attack, (B)Weapon Focus (Greatsword) Aura of Evil, Detect Good, Smite Good 1/day, Skilled City Dweller (Ride to Tumble)
2nd Paladin of Tyranny 2 +2 +3 +0 +0 Knowledge (Religion) 5, Diplomacy 5, Tumble 5 Divine Grace, Deadly Touch
3rd Paladin of Tyranny 3 +3 +3 +1 +1 Diplomacy 6, Sense Motive 1, Tumble 6 Martial Study (Shadow Blade Technique) Aura of Despair, Divine Health
4th Paladin of Tyranny 4 +4 +4 +1 +1 Hide 3 (B)Cleave Turn Undead, Bonus Feat
5th Paladin of Tyranny 5 +5 +4 +1 +1 Hide 5, Tumble 7 Smite Good 2/day, Charging Smite
6th Paladin of Tyranny 6 +6/+1 +5 +2 +2 Diplomacy 7, Tumble 9 Improved Sunder Cause Disease 1/week
7th Blackguard 1 +7/2 +7 +2 +2 Diplomacy 9, Tumble 10 Aura of Evil, Detect Good, Poison Use
8th Doomlord 1 +8/+3 +9 +2 +2 Concentration 1, Disable Device 1, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) 1 Entropic Blow 1/day, Healing Resistance, Skilled City Dweller (Survival to Sense Motive)
9th Doomlord 2 +9/+4 +10 +2 +2 Concentration 4 Tomb-Tainted Soul, (B)Improved Critical Bonus Feat, Destructive Expertise
10th Doomlord 3 +10/+5 +10 +3 +3 Concentration 7 Negative Adaptation
11th Doomlord 4 +11/+6/+1 +11 +3 +3 Concentration 10 Body or Soul (+1 Cha)
12th Doomlord 5 +12/+7/+2 +11 +3 +3 Concentration 13 Bind Vestige Entropic Blow 2/day
13th Doomlord 6 +13/+8/+3 +11 +4 +4 Concentration 16 (B)Great Cleave Bonus Feat
14th Doomlord 7 +14/+9/+4 +11 +4 +4 Concentration 17, Sense Motive 3 Unmaking Magic
15th Doomlord 8 +15/+10/+5 +12 +4 +4 Concentration 18, Sense Motive 5 Awesome Smite Body or Soul (+1 Cha)
16th Doomlord 9 +16/+11/+6/+1 +12 +5 +5 Concentration 19, Disable Device 3 Disintegrate
17th Doomlord 10 +17/+12/+7/+2 +13 +5 +5 Disable Device 6 (B)Toughness Bonus Feat, Entropic Blow 3/day
18th Blackguard 2 +18/+13/+8/+3 +14 +5 +5 Diplomacy 11, Tumble 11 Persistent Refusal Dark Blessing, Smite Good 1/day
19th Blackguard 3 +19/+14/+9/+4 +14 +6 +6 Diplomacy 13, Tumble 12 Command Undead, Aura of Despair
20th Blackguard 4 +20/+15/+10/+5 +15 +6 +6 Diplomacy 14, Tumble 14 Sneak Attack +1d6

Spells
Spoiler
Show

Spells per Day
Level 0lvl 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
7th 0* - - - - - - - -
8th 0* - - - - - - - -
9th 1 - - - - - - - -
10th 1 - - - - - - - -
11th 1 0* - - - - - - -
12th 1 0* - - - - - - -
13th 1 1 - - - - - - -
14th 1 1 - - - - - - -
15th 1 1 0 - - - - - -
16th 1 1 0 - - - - - -
17th 1 1 1 - - - - - -
18th 2 1 1 0 - - - - -
19th 2 1 1 1 - - - - -
20th 2 2 1 1 - - - - -

Backstory
Spoiler
Show
“Gather round, gather round! There’s plenty of space for all, and I’m always welcome to meet more salt of the earth honest folk like yourselves. Now don’t get the wrong idea about my garb here. I have to dress in this imposing armor to protect myself from attacks, because there are people out there who don’t like what I say, especially them, and I think we all know who I’m talking about. The tin men and the walking dead. The soldiers that Karrnath pulled back from beyond to inflict terror on us all. The endless tireless robots that the Cannith stuffed shirts churned out right up until the end of the war. And they’ll deny it if you ever ask them, but there’s talk that Cannith didn’t turn off all their forges after the treaty. Typical marked house behavior, thinking they’re above us all. But the war’s over, and yet these soldiers didn’t go away! No, they stayed around, and now what are they supposed to do? Those rotting corpses can’t live in our cities, fouling up our water and food with the vermin and disease that crowd around them. And what about the Warforged? I’m sure they spent plenty of time programming in combat maneuvers and formations, but do you think they ever taught those hulking brutes how to obey the laws of a fine city such as this?

But of course the Houses don’t care about stuff like that. They just see the bottom line, and they know that these things can work long shifts without getting tired like any normal person. And I’ve seen it in a number of cities, and I’m starting to see it in this one. How many of you have lost a job at the foundry to one of those unnatural things?”

At this easily half the crowd raised their voices in angry confirmation.

“It’s worse than I feared. They can work longer than you or I, but what about the quality of the work? Take a look at this sword.”

At this he drew a plain longsword from its scabbard and held it up to the crowd.

“Good grip, decent balance, and sold for a fair price. But just look at how poorly it stands up to use!”

With this he brought his dark gauntlet down against the flat of the blade, and it shattered with an echoing clang.

“Have one of your blades ever broken so easily? I should think not. Something is up, and I think we all know what it is. Forces in our city have taken the wealth away from good folk like you and moved it to the stuffed shirts and the artificial mockeries of life. But if we work together we can restore this city to its right and proper order, and you’ll soon see money pouring into your hands!”

At the end of this statement he dug into a sack at his feet and flung the contents out toward the crowd with both hands. They greedily reached for the gold coins raining down around them. When he had finished with his show of generosity and the crowd’s attention turned back from the last few coins toward the stage, he began once more.

“If we want change to last we have to show them that we mean business. If the foundry thinks it’s too good for us, we need to show them that honest folk built this foundry and honest folk can tear it down! Now who’s with me?!”

At this the crowd’s roiling discontent boiled into riotous fury, and they surged to the foundry with their charismatic speaker leading the way. They set upon it with picks and hammers until the building collapsed.

It was some time before the dust settled, and by then Roderick Rabelais was working on his second ale when the Doomguard representative sat down at his table.

“I’ll admit you’re the first person I’ve ever witnessed try fulfilling all three tasks in a single sitting.”

“Well I’m nothing if not efficient. I noticed you said ‘try’ there. Do you have reservations?”

“I’m not so sure about destroying the building, is all.”

“Well it’s destroyed, isn’t it? And certainly if it wasn’t for me it would still be standing.”

“Well applicants are usually more directly responsible for the destruction.”

“Oh I was in the mix. I’m pretty sure I was the one that smashed the cornerstone. That really brought the thing down.”

“Good enough. Welcome to the Doomguard, Mr. Rabelais.”

“Wonderful. I’m so glad you see things my way. Do we get jackets?”

Level 5
Spoiler
Show
Welcome to the wild and wonderful world of being an evil paladin. We’re going to set things up to enter Paladin of Tyranny’s cool older brother, Blackguard. To that end we’re going to invest our feats into its prerequisites, which will also go towards satisfying Doomlord’s prerequisites. Power attack is appreciated on any frontline melee character, and Weapon Focus’s +1 counts for more than you might think at level 1. Martial study provides us with Hide as a class skill to get in on time, and shadow blade technique lets you roll attack twice, so even if you don’t get the bonus damage you still have the benefit of picking the higher roll. To qualify on time we’ve traded our spellcasting with PoT’s rather small list for a bonus feat to nab Cleave so we’re prepared. We’ll also be swapping our mount for Charging Smite, as we won’t be focusing on mounted combat, and we are more interested in smiting. Cause Disease can be used to further your campaign against undead, while your own divine health protects you. Your aura of Despair debuffs enemies for this and other effects. Divine Grace will keep you protected on a more general scale. Diplomacy helps further your goals, and Tumble gives you some freedom to move on the battlefield.

Blackguard opens up a bit of a gray area for us. It offers bonuses based on how many paladin levels you have, the fluff explanation being that evil forces like rewarding fallen paladins. As a result, some DMs may not let you reap the beneifts (2 extra uses of smite good, 1d6 sneak attack, and lay on hands). The build works just fine without them, but if your DM approves then you’ll get use out of 2 more smites.

Lawful evil may seem a bit odd for Doomlord, but after all don’t they call it the Law of Entropy? (ba dum tss) But anyway, the class allows any alignment, and Lawful alignments are more well fitting for organizations such as the doomguard, and the diplomacy it grants is useful for orchestrating mob violence.

Level 10
Spoiler
Show
After we finish Paladin of Tyranny, we’re off to a quick level of Blackguard to get some spellcasting up and running before we enter the SI. We also have poison use for when we like. Poison’s always fun.

Now for the SI. Entropic Blow is another smite of sorts to throw damage onto your foes, especially the hated undead and constructs. Destructive expertise will make you competent at dismantling objects now that you’ve sunk the rank to make it trained. I’ll invest into this more than Knowledge (architecture and engineering) because it has better explained DCs and examples. We’ll use the first bonus feat for Improved Critical, as it’s a nice way for some more damage with your greatsword. At this point we have a feat we don’t have to spend on prerequisites, so we can buy tomb-tainted soul. This lets us turn PoT’s deadly touch into healing for ourselves, as well as any inflicts from Blackguard. This does make you vulnerable to being harmed by healing like undead. Luckily for you, Doomlord provides you with resistance to such healing.

On Eberron certain locations can allow coterminous planes to seep through in manifest zones, and that means that areas of Khorvaire can gain negative dominant traits, such as the Gloaming when Mabar is close. Doomlord will protect you against such areas on your adventures.

Level 15
Spoiler
Show
More SI, more features, more Blackguard casting. A boost to Cha is welcome on top of our leveling boost since our features from all our classes have Cha dependence. Since we’ve already bought Cleave, we can use our bonus feat on Great Cleave, and with improved critical and your smites going on, you can increase your chances of smashing through enemies. Dispel Magic has all the general uses of stripping enemies of their buffs, and also has use in rendering objects nonmagical before you sunder them.

Awesome Smite gives you options to make your smite attacks hit harder while power attacking. I’m especially fond of Overwhelming smite to trip enemies for free.
Bind Vestige can help us get better at destroying objects by binding Aym. Her benefit is to make your attacks deal double damage against objects, which makes you more effective at sundering and gives your entropic blow extra value.

Level 20
Spoiler
Show
We finish the SI, so it’s time to return to Blackguard to wrap things up. We’ll finish up with effective 9th level casting, so we have access to 4ths. Dark blessing means we now have double Cha to saves, which comes out to +10 at this point without any items. More smite good lets you use Awesome Smite and Charging Smite more. Aura of Despair from Blackguard further debuffs your enemies, and sneak attack is a nice bonus whenever you’re flanking or going first. Command undead can be used to make undead cower before you and your mob, but it also has a use in fueling Persistent Refusal to shake off anything that gets past your saves, and with your hefty modifiers, I like your odds of making it the second time.

Sources
Spoiler
Show
Tomb-Tainted Soul: Heroes of Horror
Holy Warrior Paladin ACF, Awesome Smite: Complete Champion
Charging Smite ACF: Players Handbook 2
Martial Study, Shadow Blade Technique: Tome of Battle
Bind Vestige: Tome of Magic
Persistent Refusal: Fiendish Codex II
Skilled City Dweller: Cityscape Web Enhancement
Paladin of Tyranny, Blackguard, Power Attack, Improved Sunder, Cleave, Weapon Focus, Great Cleave, Diehard, Improved Critical: srd