Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
It sounds like the start of a joke: a catgirl and cyborg walk into a bar. Maybe it is, in a sense. Maybe this whole evening is going to be one big joke. Only time will tell, however. Oh, but speaking of jokes, Magtok is repulsed by how long it takes normal people to get from point A to point B. This whole voyage was absurd. Is this what life is always like for non-teleporters? The pickup truck had to navigate traffic, he had find parking near the airship docks, pay a ferry to bring Caelynn and himself to Skyside, and then he had to find a taxi to get to Felandria's restaurant. After this date is over we should probably just skydive our way back to Inside. Caelynn might not be too keen on an method of transportation that depends entirely on how well she can cling for dear life, but it'd be a hell of a lot faster than all of this nonsense was.

"Okay, we're here. Remind me to never take a taxi in this nightmare city again; that guy almost killed us like eleven times in six minutes. Oh, and keep an eye out for a giant redhead. If she doesn't show up that's fine too, though." Magtok isn't completely broke. He can still pay for dinner without begging Felandria for free food. In fact, he'd probably prefer things go that way. You can find money anywhere, but once sold, dignity isn't so easily replaced.
The catgirl laughs at her companion’s utter disdain, leaning against his arm a little. ”Clearly you’ve never ridden in a taxi before. Rule number one of public transportation; anything’s better than a taxi.” With that sage remark, Caelynn steps forward to hold the door open for the pair. ”Do you want me to call her over if I do, or would you prefer I point her out and hide behind the menu to save you the embarrassment?” she half/teases. Not that she thought she was particularly embarrassing, but she figured Magtok probably has enormous th reminders of the past from her very presence without the risk of someone recognizing and commenting on her return. It wasn’t very likely, but Fel was a name even she recognized, and there’s no telling of that would be mutual.