"You want to trade drinks, maybe? I'll deal with Rumholdt while you take on a cocktail named after someone slightly less awful? We both agree to act like very normal and mature adults and not make any jokes at the other's expense about have a Mag- or a -holdt inside of us?" Magtok had to bite down on the urge to snicker at Caelynn when the Rumholdt first showed up. This kind of drink nonsense is exactly the sort of cruel cosmic irony he's grown used to over the years, but the poor girl's probably not so accustomed to such poetry and sadism. Laughing probably would've actually hurt her.

"Also, did you take some kind of vow of abstinence in the last twenty years, Caelynn?" the cyborg asks, eyebrow aloft. "Raised Alexis on a planet of flawless supermodels where everyone was out of your league, or somewhere catgirls are thought of as hideous space monsters or something? An isolated ruined city where the two of you were the only living people around for miles? She didn't have any friends with attractive single dads, you didn't know any fine gentlemen from work? I'm sorry, it's just... even with a teenage daughter, I'm struggling to see how I'm the first guy in apparently forever to take Alexis's hot mom out for dinner and drinks. I don't see how you could've gone a week without guys lining up at your door to take you out on nights out a thousand times better than this one." Well Magtok, you have to keep in mind, most people aren't you. They can't just stand around and wait for someone to make a new sexy robot space goddess snakegirl character with an inexplicable lust for villainous cyborgs; they have to actually put some effort into seeking out potential suitors. Obviously Caelynn thought that kind of effort was better spent raising her daughter than getting into even more drama caused by romantic entanglements.