View Single Post

Thread: one disengaged player

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

frown one disengaged player

we're a close-knit group of friends, but I have one player who's just not engaging with the game. He claims he's CN, and just playing his character. He seems driven exclusively by cash, refuses to engage with the other players, and spends most games dozing off, getting distracted, and occasionally making childish goofy side comments. I confronted him in private asking if he just really wasn't into playing, he insisted he really wants to be a part of the game.

Some back info: I know him to be a gifted rp'er when playing by text, but I also know he has a slight attention-related learning disability.

I had originally avoided even using written alignments, but he is essentially insisting that he is, ICly, indifferent to anything but money. I'm at mt wit's end. He's a great person, outside the game, but disruptive, and non-contributive at the table. Kicking him from the group may be my final solution, but I want to exhaust all other options, and go above and beyond to encourage him to get engaged and be a valuable part of the team Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!
    Last edited by FathomsDeep; 2018-10-12 at 09:42 AM.