View Single Post

Thread: PEACH: Roguish Archetype — Thug

1. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: PEACH: Roguish Archetype — Thug

Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    Streetwise is a far better name, and the structure for the dirty tricks looks good.

If you want to limit the power of Slice and Dice, maybe have it lose a die in damage? For example, spend 3d6 to deal 2d6 as the pseudo-extra attack. That's going to be weaker than most extra attacks anyone gets. Otherwise, increasing the cost to 3d6 (ie. sneak attack damage at 5th level) was probably a good idea. I fully admit I didn't consider when you'd be able to use it when I first suggested a cost of 2d6.

If you're really worried about it, you can have Improved Dirty Trick unlock the alternative options.

Please do take your time, and I look forward to seeing what gets added.
    Hmm. Improved Dirty Trick could indeed work as an unlock for those. And truth be told, I did feel a bit iffy about increasing the Dirty Trick costs above 5d6 (it is, after all, half of the maximum potential for sneak attack, and that's a threshold I'd rather not cross with Dirty Tricks). With the idea of losing a die in damage for Slice and Dice, the Improved version could cost 5d6, lose one die and then deal 2d6 to two targets.

As for the level of Improved Dirty Trick, would you agree that 17th is appropriate? It's a rather big change, and it could work as the "cap-stone" for Thug.

Edit: Here is what I have so far. I'm still trying to figure out a fitting feature for 13th level, but I intend it to be something focusing on the social side of the archetype. Aaaaaaaand it's done.

As always with Homebrewery, it's advised to use Chrome instead of any other browser, because the layout can get wonky with other browsers.
    Last edited by Arkhios; 2018-11-23 at 06:46 AM.
    Please be mindful of what you say in public; sadly not all can handle sarcasm or The Internet Credibility.
    My Homebrew:
    Base Class: Warlord | Roguish Archetype: Inquisitor | Roguish Archetype: Thug | Primal Path: Rage Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Anon von Zilch View Post
    Words actually mean things, people!

Ongoing game & character:
    Sajan Uttam, human Monk 6/Fist of Irori 3 (Legacy of Fire)

D&D/Pathfinder CV of sorts
    3.0 since 2002
    3.5 since 2003
    4e since 2008
    Pathfinder 1e since 2008
    5e since 2014