1. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    First: lost the chance to say "Welcome to the sequel thread to the tenth Final Fantasy Record Keeper thread!" That said, it's a very respectable second choice.

Second: looking back at the very first thread, and it seems only Starwulf is the true veteran of this game, as he's part of the very first expedition of Playgrounders to the Record Archives, back on the days where there were no 6* relics or abilities, you could only use one Soul Break (and it was limited to uniques!), level cap was 50, no Magicites, no Record Spheres or Legend Spheres, and you didn't knew the HP of bosses (which made fighting Baigan a nightmare!). Unless one of you guys changed your name...
    This is rather late, lol(only reason I saw it at all is because I'm trying to find the last time I posted, as I'm wondering how long it's been since I really last played, as there weren't a whole lot of story dungeons for me to catch up on, yet I'm positive I've been gone for over 6 months(since about June, which is pretty much spot on 6 months), which means either they stopped giving us story dungeons, or they don't add as many as they used to), but yeah, 2nd week of the games release for Global is when I hopped aboard the FFRK train, lol. I haven't been a steady player by any means, played for about a year straight, then did a 3-4 months on, with a month or two off schedule, and now for the last year I've done a month or two playing, with a 6 month off time. My attention span has gone to hell recently, plus I constantly fight with myself over playing tablet games when I have waaay to many console/pc games I need to get to playing.

They were definitely dark times. no guaranteed 5* was awful, I can remember going 0/11 more than 10x once, which was absolutely heart-breaking. Wish I had all that wonderful mythril back that I spent back then. I remember fighting bosses and just being like "Is this battle ever going to end" because yeah, you had no idea of their HP and it just felt like they would go on forever. Back when double-cut retaliate was the prime strategy(I actually never used it though). That and Vit0'ing ^^. I remember when I pulled LuLu's hairpin as 5* relic from the daily draw and was SOOOOO excited because it was such a massively useful item back then.

I can remember people farming any dungeon that dropped a 3* item(not that I recall there being many, the only one I really remember dropped a hat) so you could combine it into a 5* item since it was so hit or miss in getting dupes of 3* and 4* in the relic pulls. I recall there was actually a 2* sword that was on people's wishlist because it had an attack as high as a 5* once you combined it into 4* status.

I remember when event dungeons weren't all copy/paste of the same thing. Earliest memory of a "different" event dungeon was one where if you were able to beat the highest tier stage in it consistently you could earn enough points or whatever to get a 4* ability like Thundaja and my god was that considered amazing back then. Course, only whales or really lucky people were really able to do that as those higher tier stages were 99 difficulty, and that was our version of MP Apoc++ battles, just without someone else helping you.

Man, this really has me going down memory lane now with the game. So many things have changed, games really evolved pretty nicely. Wish I had been able to play more consistently, I'd probably be close to a top-tier player(well, as top-tier as a f2p really gets anyways). Ahh well, I still have fun during the times I do play, and even with my extended breaks I'm still able to take on most of the harder content(I believe I'll be tackling 4* magicite battles soon, which should be fun!), though I'll admit to sometimes needing to ask for team-building help over on reddit at times ^^.

Edit: One of the coolest things of the evolution is how SB's have come along. How each generation makes us go "Oh my god, this is amazing, how could anything else come along that's any better or more useful", and then a few months later, BAM, another amazing generation of SB's. I can remember spending 150 mythril trying to get Cloud's...SSB, I think it was? It was a ranged sword attack that hit 3x I believe. Immensely powerful at the time, and because it was ranged, supremely useful in battles where you could only use ranged attacks.(Looked it up, I was right, it was called Blade Beam). Oddly enough, thinking about it, it always feels like Cloud seems to be the first one to get an amazing new toy. Blade Beam, his BSB, his OSB, his USB, his BSB2, his USB2. All pretty amazing in their own right, at least at the time. Usually outpaced afterwards(not his USB1 or BSB2 though, those things are epic) by other characters iteration of that particular SB generation, but they always seem to lead with him.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2018-12-21 at 12:03 AM.