View Single Post

Thread: IC The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

1. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: IC The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

As Piscine conjures the storm above the ship lighting starts to rain down to the rigging and those preparing to swing have to watch their behinds. Quartermaster Frin eyes the display suspiciously from behind the ship's wheel. "I sure hope the brat knows what he's doing", he mutters. "Don't worry, he knows what will happen if he breaks my ship", the Captain replies calmly, a dangerous smile on her lips.

Then she glances over to the merchant ship and her expression changes, "It's preparing to shoot! Take us in Quartermaster!!"
    "Aye aye, Cap'n..."

The Gall Seeker smashes to the side of the smaller ship and the force of the impact sends half the crews on both ships to embrace the deck. At this time Vigo executes a stylish swing from the rigging to the deck of the other ship, landing next to the cannon. Eralia and Bromden follow soon after him.

Spoiler: Landing
    Show
    You manage to land where you meant, but unfortunately take some nonlethal damage.
    Vigo: (1d6)[2]
    Eralia: (1d6)[6]

Bromden, in case he fails the Acrobatics check, DC 15: (1d6)[5]

Eralia and Bromden have also not stated where they aimed to land, do you wish to land near Vigo by the cannon or somewhere else?

Suddenly the mouth of the heavy cannon shines bright and a shining orb shoots out towards the pirate ship. Upon reaching the main mast it explodes to a horizontal disc of fire covering the main deck. Unfortunately for the merchant ship, either due to the poor visibility or fault on the gun the blast was aimed a little too high, making it possible for the pirates to duck under it.

Spoiler: Fire!
    Show
    Those on the main deck, Tybalt, Rafril and Asvard, please make a Reflex save DC 11 or take (2d6)[8] fire damage. Negated on a success.

"Blast it! Grappling hooks!!", shouts the First Mate Abrayus, who had held his footing after the contact, though due to his height his hair and clothes looked badly singed by the fire, "Now, not on Thursday you lazy turtles!" Trusting that his commands were carried out he turns to Rafril, "Well, disabling that cannon would be most excellent. As would stopping or intimidating their crew to surrendering." He glares at his burned sleeves, "I say, this was my favourite jacket!"

Asvard and Tybalt arrived at the edge of the main deck just before the cannon fired. They had a good view to watch the crew throw grappling hooks over the rail of the other ship, before the two vessels could drift too far apart again. Some pirates had burns from the blast, but they tried not to let that slow them down. "BOARD AT WILL!!", they hear the First Mate order from behind.

"Don't damage that cannon!", cries the Gun Master, eyes gleaming with excitement, "I want it!"
    Last edited by CWater; 2018-12-28 at 08:50 PM.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart