1. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Warlockopedia: A Comprehensive Warlock Handbook

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reader View Post
    See, this is why I am saying that we are talking past each other.

I am not quite able to see this from your perspective. You seem to think that getting adept spellcasing is somehow related to the "+1 level of spellcasting" is that right?

Its not. You get Adept spellcasting because if you have no levels in spellcasting classes. That happens regardless of whether you enter as a single-class Fighter, multiclass Barbarian/Rogue, single-class Warlock or Monk/Kensai or whatever. No levels in spellcasting classes = Adept casting.

You can take advantage of the "+1 level of spellcasting" while still getting Adept casting if you have something to use it for that does not involve applying it to a spellcasting class.

And Warlock does.
    No, you see, if warlock isn't a spellcasting class, then that means a Warlock/Wizard doesn't get to choose which class to advance, because she only has one spellcasting class, and you only get the choice if you have more than one. She'd have to advance wizard. Am I wrong?

Edit: It would also make warlocks ineligible for classes like human paragon.
    If a character had more than one spellcasting class before he became a human paragon, he must decide to which class he adds each level of human paragon. If a human paragon has no levels in a spellcasting class, this class feature has no effect.
    No advancement at all. Sucks to be the warlock, I guess.
    Last edited by Troacctid; 2019-01-01 at 02:54 PM.