View Single Post

Thread: D&D 5e Subclass Contest Chat Thread

1. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 5e Subclass Contest Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessWriter View Post
    If you don't know what class to give "punchy stuff" too, I would suggest maybe a barbarian subclass, since they always seemed a little lackluster for unarmed combat and such. Could be a lot of fun there.
    Personally, I've decided to go for a monk-like, bar-brawling rogue who's an expert at starting and escaping bar brawls, with a cheese wheel and a cask of ale beneath each arm.

As for theVoidWatches' problem, I'd either limit it to once per turn to prevent monk multiclass shenanigans, or make it expend a use of bardic inspiration. Maybe expend a use of bardic inspiration when you make an attack to make your unarmed strikes deal damage equal to your bardic inspiration die for the rest of the turn? I don't know, just throwing out some ideas to help
    I do think the level 3 feature should expend Inspiration rather than just key to its size. But making a basic attack routine rely on that expenditure might be too pricey (especially when Valor could get the same weapon die size for free with a Shortsword/Rapier/Longsword2h/Greataxe respectively).

Personally I think I'm going to do an Oath of the Sacred Fist. I need to find where I put those 3.5 materials to see if I want to borrow any of the Sacred Fist PrC.
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2019-01-16 at 04:13 PM.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.