View Single Post

Thread: Into the Borderlands (5e)

1. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Into the Borderlands (5e)

Quote Originally Posted by ybn1197 View Post
    Haranna is disappointed to see there are no taverns here but realizes this is a perfect setup for defenders of the keep. Attackers must enter through the gateway as the mound the keep is built on is too steep to scale easily. Once through the gateway, attackers would find themselves bottled in this entry yard with a large wall before them and the walls behind them. Archers on both sides have a clear shot into the yard where there is only one funnel type exit. The man in armor glances up and is taken aback by your appearance. "You are quite the fetching woman, and obviously capable if you can heft that axe upon your back. What sort of aid is it that you seek to lend?"
    Haranna, momentarily crestfallen that there is no tavern in sight, looks puzzled at the question. "I thought I was clear..." Shrugging, she sweeps her arms wide, gesturing again as she continues speaking. "You have a strong position here. Defensible with entryways that will cost your foes dearly." She said, before turning back to the group. "But I was told that there were dangers in this region. Monsters and other things that threaten the innocent."

Noting his remarks about the others behind her, she fixes the man in armour with a unwavering gaze, her voice dropping a little lower. "And those are not defeated by staying behind walls and passing inept comments on women who are willing to brave the wilderness."
    Last edited by Silent_p; 2019-01-23 at 02:48 PM.