Alejandro offers Aisling a reassuring smile, then turns to the Primogen and says, "Mother," seeming to offer the floor back to the Primogen.

Mother Blackstar's cold eyes fall upon Aisling again. "We know, as the most ancient of Elders knew long before there was a Jesus, or maybe even a Moses, that our kind are as much a part of the world's natural order as the wolf or the jellyfish. There is no supernatural. There is no sin. These are false ideas planted by a false god. We exist within the circle of life and death in which creation and destruction are part of the same and continuous cycle. Members of our Covenant seek truth in the old ways; in old gods such as Baba Yaga, Lilith, Frigg. Our worship and studies have led us to identify truths about this world that others remain wholly ignorant of. And this knowledge has brought us much dark power." Mother Blackstar smiles ruefully at this and gestures with her free hand to the strange potted rose bush on the table. The thorny vines begin to spread and untangle, unfurling and opening like the petals of a blooming flower. The ruby roses widen to reveal staring glossy eyes, turning to look at Aisling. The thing seems to rattle or hiss at Aisling, though this could simply be in the Gangrel's shocked mind.

Moving so quickly that she cannot react, Mother Blackstar grabs hold of Aisling's wrist in a fist so strong that the room can hear Aisling's bones grind together. Blackstar pulls her closer to the table, and raises the wicked curve knife for all to see. "Power requires sacrifice!" Blackstar howls with triumph, "and for every beautiful thing created, one must be destroyed!" This litany is repeated by the chorus of vampires seated around the table. Aisling is surrounded by a pack of glowing red eyes in the dark, surrounded like a wounded doe at the feet of a pack of wolves. Mother Blackstar is staring as well, grinning from ear to ear with hungry satisfaction. "This is your last chance to back away little one. We will not accept cowards into our Circle. Otherwise, choose to join us now and offer your flesh as a sacrifice to The Dark Mother!" Aisling's arm is pulled over the writhing and rattling abomination of a plant, the sacrificial knife wielded high in the air. Somehow, Aisling can no longer find Alejandro in the sea of masked creatures with glowing red eyes.

The same dead smile plays across D'Agostino's face as he and his companions watch the video footage. Tony opens his mouth as if to say something excitedly, though this is immediately stifled by a firm squeeze on his shoulder from his sire. When the video fades to black, Nicholas says, "Play it again." He watches the footage again, and then a third time, the shark like grin neither growing nor fading from his countenance.

When the video ends for the third time, the word "excellent" escapes his lips. Nicholas sits in silence for a long moment, remaining unmoving in a way no mortal could ever sit still. Finally, the Primogen says, "I cannot say how long I have been waiting for this. You have accomplished something quiet amazing, and I cannot emphasize how glad I am that I placed my faith in your coterie. Tony deserves the credit for stealing the key," he says and the Childe grins just a little too proudly, "but you three have secured the most important evidence.." He pauses to ask, "Where is Aisling anyways?
"
His tone changes after his question is satisfied, and taking on the tone of a preacher, Nicholas says, "Prince Gorman has failed this city. He has betrayed the trust and power that comes with his title and committed the most abominable of sins. We must be very cautious as to how we proceed. We have the weapon that can end his rein of corruption, but it won't be as simple as showing the footage to the world. I will need time to make communications, and work with our allies. And we will have to remain very very careful. I trust that there should be no concern regarding retribution from The Sheriff?"