View Single Post

Thread: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son

1. - Top - End - #1068
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son

Also, we have another problem. Apfel pointed out to Jade and Artic, informing them of the Perfect Cell Junior situation, in a monologue I won't bother writing out.

Artic mulled this over in thought, before looking up. I might have an idea.

Perfect Cell Jr.

Is this thing working? Artic attempted to communicate telepathically to Cell Jr. Or more specifically, communicate to him through Apfel. I heard about you, Mr. Perfect Cell Jr, and I know about the deal you made. Who I am isn't important, but I can get you to New Plant. When you defeat that other bio-android, oxycontin or whatever his name was, you must promise to spare my homeworld. Do we have a deal? He was playing himself off to be the coward. The idiot who gains the promise from the villain to spare something they care about's life, even at the cost of their own and that it's blatantly obvious the villain will either go back on their word, twist their deal's meaning to mean the opposite of what the betrayer intended, or some combination of both.

Artic will see if this Cell is arrogant enough to fall for the ruse.

Arclight Dreadnought - SCIENCE Landshark

In response to her question about standards of ethical science, the veru'nas scientist simply laughed. I have no idea! He replied rather enthusiastically, however he could sense her distress in her...electrical impulses? Oh shush! I have no need for test subjects! I require...a TEACHER!! If humans have such capacity for kindness and cruelty in such spectacular amounts, then surely! Indubitably! Unquestionably! Unquenchingly! It must be so that such a mindset, held by the next stage of my species' evolution, would succeed the Veru'nas as the next stage in the Cassian Constant! The Cassian Constant. The unifying doctrine of the Veru'nas, regarded with religious fervor. The belief that all strife, challenge, and competition in the universe exists solely to advance the strong, and destroy the weak, such that the strong may become stronger, in incremental stages. Making the veru'nas heavily darwinian, in both a social, and eugenic manner.

Beryl would be brought through several large hallways that seemed as cooridors to these hulking monsters, before the next room entered met Beryl's nostrils with the smell of ammonia. Strange instruments were visible, and the layout made no sense from a human perspective, but many tools, and pieces of machinery had pretty obvious uses, especially the dissection tools which, thankfully, were not in use, and if they were used recently, they were clean.

The Veru'nas are strong, we are smart, but yet we lack the...creativity! Our society unable to look beyond the old ways of guaranteeing our evolution, when we have the means to do so, at this very moment! By hand-selecting genomes from our finest specimens, as well as a little bit of Arcosian DNA, but you won't tell Ixil, right? Thanks, you're the best! To select for the strongest genes! Purge all deformities! All biological weaknesses! To evolve ourselves, into beings worthy of the celestial throne of our glorious civilization! Beryl was lead down another hallway, this one lined with several rows of tanks connected to machinery. Each tank was like a huge aquarium, large enough to fit a veru'nas inside, but only barely. Such tanks lined either side of the room. Some were empty, though some contained organs, or some other form of body tissue of indeterminate origin, however it's unclear if it's vat'grown or the remains of an acquired specimen. She was carried to a door. While many of the doors before this one were metal and looked like they can take some punishent, this looked like the vault door to a bunker meant to take a direct hit from a nuclear missile, and come out unscathed. What ever was on the other side, they CLEARLY didn't want getting out, or something else, breaking them out.

The scientist interfaced with an invisible holographic touchpad before pausing.

Oh! Silly me, I failed to bring proper introductions! You shall call me Asis Aren'delaxar, the Lord Of SCIENCE!! He boomed.

And you, dear Cyborg-excuse me, Berry Rivera, shall teach my greatest creation... Pause for dramatic effect...

humanity!
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-02-04 at 06:55 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.