1. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Anna Wu

Anna took the phone and cracked a half smile despite herself as she looked through the various messages. Then at Gabrielle’s prompting her face became serious again. She was about to speak but gave the ghoul a once over, noting her improved appearance.

“The best kind,” Anna said, “you look better. Keep doing well and maybe I’ll introduce you next time.”
    The young kindred shoved off her sheets and stood up, walking to the closet, talking as she changed.
    “A lot is happening,” she said, pulling on a pair of dark pants and redoing her ponytail. She looked at her Kevlar vest for a moment, then handed it to Gabrielle.

“Put that on,” she said.

She tapped out a quick message to Daniel while she spoke: hi! Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but honestly did you forget I sometimes don’t have phone access? Yes, I want to see you too, tonight if you can. I have some exciting news!

“Things are going to get interesting in a few days...” she said as she looked up.
    “Gabrielle, it goes under your clothes,” Anna said, looking up at the ghoul with the vest, “here, let me adjust these straps...”
    She helped Gabrielle put the vest on as she talked.
    “I’m going to buy more. Everyone is going to have them,” Anna said, “but you need it more than I do right now. Have you ever used a gun before?”

She stopped and realized she was probably scaring Gabrielle half to death. She moved over and looked close into the slightly taller girl’s eyes.
    “Everything is going to be fine,” she said, bringing a hand to Gabrielle’s cheek, “I just want to be as prepared as possible.”

She returned to preparing.
    “If you don’t know how to use a gun, you’ll need to take a class, or at the very least go to a shooting range, tonight or tomorrow night, or the following day,” she said, “schedule it first, and whatever night you’re free you’re coming hunting with me. We’re gonna fill you up until you can’t take any more.”
    She paused as she realized the double entendre and looked up to if Gabrielle noticed.

“Is Bernardo here?” she asked, “oh, that reminds me...”
    She tapped out a quick message to Aisling asking for permission to hunt with Bernardo and Gabrielle, to fill them up with vitae. Then she asked the same of Karl with Gabe, or if he was alright to handle it on his own.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-02-10 at 08:57 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig